8th World Atheist conference
As some of you probably know, there is an Atheist conference coming up in January at Trichy, Tamil Nadu, India.

Who is attending?

I am currently a "Maybe", and will try my best to attend. All of us should try to attend, so that, among other things, we can meet face to face and get to know each other!

EDIT: Damn, I forgot the link! Here it is: http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid...098&ref=ts
Aditya Manthramurthy
Web Administrator & Associate Editor
Nirmukta.com
[+] 1 user Likes donatello's post
January, huh? It'll be my final year and a little hectic! I'll see if I can manage.
Brilliant. Sharing it on facebook.
Lovely. But I can't say for sure that I'll be attending it. I may be outside of India at that time.
I've been getting invites to and notifications about this 8th World Atheist Conference for the past 6 months or so. I just never got around to writing about it or even mentioning it in the group. In fact, I think a write-up on Nirmukta is due. But I definitely think that if some of us can attend, we should try and represent Nirmukta at this conference.

Donatello, keep us informed on this. Let's try and put a team together by using the facebook group, the forums and the website. Once the plan to represent Nirmukta at the confenrence comes together, we can send out a group message on facebook asking people to join. By the time this conference comes around we should have our Indian Atheists network in full swing.
"Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian"
~ J.B.S.Haldane, on being asked to falsify evolution.
I will be interested in going, but no actual details seem to be available.
Facebook page is down.
(05-Sep-2010, 10:46 AM)nastikashiromani Wrote: I will be interested in going, but no actual details seem to be available.
Facebook page is down.

Facebook works for me:
(Click for full size)
[Image: 0S38wl.jpg]
I've booked my tickets to attend the world atheist conference. Since it will be difficult to identify people we meet only online thanks to Nirmukta, I have a suggestion. Maybe we can wear a custom made T-shirt on the first day. Myntra.com allows us to create custom T-shirts. Maybe creative folks like Bala can give suggestions on what logo to use on the T-shirt. Can someone post a high resolution image of the Nirmukta logos (I see two logos at the top of the page)? I will use them to create my own T-shirt.
[+] 3 users Like PankajKulkarni's post
(16-Nov-2010, 08:35 PM)PankajKulkarni Wrote: I've booked my tickets to attend the world atheist conference. Since it will be difficult to identify people we meet only online thanks to Nirmukta, I have a suggestion. Maybe we can wear a custom made T-shirt on the first day. Myntra.com allows us to create custom T-shirts. Maybe creative folks like Bala can give suggestions on what logo to use on the T-shirt. Can someone post a high resolution image of the Nirmukta logos (I see two logos at the top of the page)? I will use them to create my own T-shirt.

Wow! Good going. I should be able to attend as well, but I'd like to see more details about the event. There seems to be no info about registration cost of the event, a list of important delegates expected at the event, or a schedule of events happening at the conference. Are you in touch with the organisers? I hope they will be posting details soon.

The T-shirt idea is great! I will create one too!
Aditya Manthramurthy
Nirmukta.com
I have subscribed for the snail newsletter from 'Atheist Center' (based out of Vijayawada). I got the information about the cost etc. from there. I have already sent them the DD and got an SMS acknowledgement. I found this information online, which contains the details of whom to send the DD etc.

http://www.indianskeptic.com/8th-world-a...onference/

January 7-9, 2011 (Friday-Sunday)
at Tiruchirapalli , Tamilnad
Theme: “ATHEISM—AN ALTERNATIVE CULTURE”
We are happy to inform that VIII World Atheist Conference is jointly convened by Dravidar Kazhagam, Atheist Centre and The Rationalists’ Forum on 7,8 & 9 January 2011, in Tiruchirapalli, (Trichy), a city centrally located in Tamil Nadu which is well connected by road, railway and air. The conference is being conducted by the movements founded by great atheists, social reformers and humanists - Periyar E.V.Ramasami (1879-1973) and Gora (1902- 1975).
Already we have received positive responses of participation from many from abroad including Levi Fragell, former President, IHEU, Norway, Roy Brown, former President, IHEU, (Switzerland), Kristin-Mile, Secretary General, Norwegian Humanist Association, Pekka Elo, Finland Humanist Association. From India, Prof. P.M. Bhargava, former Vice-Chairman, National Knowledge Commission of Govt. of India; Dr. Samaram, National President, Indian Medical Association; Lavanam, President, Samskar; Prof. Ramachandran, Vice Chancellor, Periyar Maniammai University; Prof. B.Pb. Parikh, Ex-VC, South Gujarat University, Baroda, Babu Gogineni, Executive Director, IHEU; Dr. Innaiah, Director, Center for Inquiry; Prof. Narendra Nayak, President, Federation of Indian Atheist and Rationalist Associations; Prof. Dhaneswar Sahoo, Bhubaneswar; U. Kalanathan, Ex. Gen. Secretary, FIRA; K.G. Rao, General Secretary, FIRA, Goa; Ch. Vidya, Ex-MP Dr. Chandana Chakravarthy, J. Mythri, Chair person, Atheist Centre, and many others will be participating in the World Conference. Please plan from now on to come and participate in this important international event.
The Registration Fee for a delegate is Rs. 400. It may be remitted through a Crossed Demand Draft on any bank favouring “Dravidar Kazhagam” payable at Chennai. For details:
Co-ordinator, VIII World Atheist Conference
84/1 (50), E.V.K.Sampath Road, Vepery, Chennai – 600 007
e-mail - atheistconference2011@gmail.com
Fax: 044 2661 8866
Conveners of the Conference:
Dr. K. Veeramani, President, Dravidar Kazhagam, Periyar Thidal, 50 E.V.K.Sampath Road,
Vepery, Chennai – 600 007 &
Dr. G. Vijayam, Executive Director, Atheist Centre,
Benz Circle, Vijayawada 520010 email: atheistcentre@yahoo.com
Ah ok. After seeing the link to atheist centre on the event page, I only looked there for details. The details sound good! I wish I had seen it earlier.
Aditya Manthramurthy
Nirmukta.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dating and commitment, the atheist way. palaeo 17 15,483 14-May-2013, 12:07 PM
Last Post: dharitrimdatar
  Nirmukta featured on The Friendly Atheist nick87 1 2,786 13-Jun-2012, 07:51 PM
Last Post: bala
  List of International Freethinker/Atheist Associations and Conferences siddharth 1 8,891 21-Jun-2011, 07:04 AM
Last Post: Ajita Kamal
  Meeting up at the World Atheist Conference PankajKulkarni 27 12,409 09-Jan-2011, 09:14 AM
Last Post: United_Floyd
  Atheist Nexus murthymail 3 3,015 14-Jun-2010, 10:05 PM
Last Post: donatello
  8th World Atheist Conference, Tiruchi, 7-9 Jan2011 drnbala 0 3,329 27-May-2010, 07:43 AM
Last Post: drnbala