A tip of my hat to all rationalists in India.
Wink 
For all you wonderful, brave people slugging it out in a country infested by superstition and deep-rooted blind faith, I hold only respect.
I'm so glad I found out this community, didn't have any idea there would be a few people with common sense and working brains in here. We need to increase our numbers! Bring more people out of the closet.

I'm 20. Soon to be an engineer and looking forward to shift my base to pure sciences - theoretical physics to be precise. Bach is the only artist I like and classical is the only genre I listen to.
Been a non-believer for six years and read in detail about all the major religions created by humans.
Conclusion - All are wrong, fake, dreamed up fairy stories involving invisible creators who if exist are totally incompetent.
Here's a simple thing I noticed. The fact, that there are different gods and religions, proves that there is no god/gods (why? look for properties of god), at least not a one we can grasp.

I know I'll have wonderful exchanges with people in here ( already had a coupleBiggrin ), thanks for being here.
"The method of science is tried and true. It is not perfect, it's just the best we have. And to abandon it with its skeptical protocols is the pathway to a dark age." -Carl Sagan
[+] 1 user Likes praty's post
Welcome aboard!
"It's alright, I rarely meet anyone who's able to read it properly. Although personally, I never thought that it to be an odd of a name. Once I give people the pronunciation, they tend to remember my name by easily associating me with it. A unique face, a unique moniker."
Hey Praty, nice to have you here. Biggrin

I like Bach too, although I'm extremely eclectic in my listening. You may be interested in this article written by a musician friend of mine, about how his favorite composer growing up was Bach, and how although Bach's music was religiously inspired he now gets his own inspiration from nature and science.
"Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian"
~ J.B.S.Haldane, on being asked to falsify evolution.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ex-Muslims: INDIA freethought.relay 0 3,737 25-Mar-2014, 12:32 PM
Last Post: freethought.relay
  Hello Rationalists! senthuran82 0 1,430 22-Aug-2013, 09:06 AM
Last Post: senthuran82
  Hello Fellow Rationalists!!! anandinqalab 1 2,132 10-Oct-2010, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Ajita Kamal