Current time: 21-12-2014, 12:51 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ajita Kamal
Lije Offline
Administrator

Likes Given: 259
Likes Rcvd: 339 in 189 posts

Ajita Kamal

"With deep sorrow, we regret to inform of the untimely death of Ajita Kamal. Ajita is the founder of Nirmuka and was a great champion of freethought in India. He died in an incident in his home town in Tamil Nadu, the details of which are unknown at this moment. We are in contact with his family for further details.

A formal note of his demise and a brief bio will be posted on Nirmukta.com in the next few days."

-Nirmukta team
[+] 1 user Likes Lije's post
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
zonkozeus Offline
Nirmukt Noobie

Likes Given: 0
Likes Rcvd: 0 in 0 posts

RE: Ajita Kamal

My heartfelt condolences to Ajita Kamal's family and friends :-(. He was an inspiring and motivating force for all freethinkers..The world has lost a great man, a visionary.He will always be missed but never forgotten.
Shekhar Offline
Nirmukt Noobie

Likes Rcvd: 2 in 1 posts

Re: Ajita Kamal
Sad to hear the shocking news. India has lost a great champion of free thought. On his last visit to Coimbatore city we were planning to meet but somehow it did not materialize.Sadly I will never get another opportunity to meet him.
milind Offline
Nirmukt Noobie

Likes Rcvd: 1 in 1 posts

I am deeply saddened by Ajita's death. I met him for the first time in NY and spent a wonderful evening with him listening to Richard Dawkins Live. I video-taped him interviewing RD. He was such a passionate force that it's hard to ever forget him. He later visited my house; Meera Nanda and Ravi joined us making it a memorable evening. I cannot fathom the impact of his loss on "Nirmukta."

[+] 1 user Likes milind's post
ramesh Offline
Addicted to Freethought

Likes Given: 1

My deep condolences to Ajita Kamal's family and friends. I am really shocked with this news. May be I had very little communication with him but I have great respect, honor for his style of approach for whatever communication I had with him. Definitely Nirmukta community will always miss him.
LMC Offline
Super Moderator

Likes Given: 85
Likes Rcvd: 112 in 61 posts

(10-01-2012 03:09 PM)milind Wrote:  I am deeply saddened by Ajita's death. I met him for the first time in NY and spent a wonderful evening with him listening to Richard Dawkins Live. I video-taped him interviewing RD. He was such a passionate force that it's hard to ever forget him. He later visited my house; Meera Nanda and Ravi joined us making it a memorable evening. I cannot fathom the impact of his loss on "Nirmukta."
this one?
That's so sad man, just in our last SENHS he was informing us telling us about that, when we had told him about Mr dawkins visiting jaipur, he was so excited to hear the news, he told us that his previous meet with dawkins was not properly planned,but he had got email of his secretary and had talked to him some times, he was going to email his secretary , he wanted to tell dawkins how much nirmukta has developed since he last met him, he wanted to tell him that he has got http://richarddawkins.net/articles/4769-...s-universe published at his site, then he laughed and said it was basically Dr. vadhwan's article but he co-authored so he can proudly mail that to dawkins.Shit man.He never lived to live that.
[+] 1 user Likes LMC's post
milind Offline
Nirmukt Noobie

(10-01-2012 09:59 PM)LMC Wrote:  
(10-01-2012 03:09 PM)milind Wrote:  I am deeply saddened by Ajita's death. I met him for the first time in NY and spent a wonderful evening with him listening to Richard Dawkins Live. I video-taped him interviewing RD. He was such a passionate force that it's hard to ever forget him. He later visited my house; Meera Nanda and Ravi joined us making it a memorable evening. I cannot fathom the impact of his loss on "Nirmukta."
this one?
That's so sad man, just in our last SENHS he was informing us telling us about that, when we had told him about Mr dawkins visiting jaipur, he was so excited to hear the news, he told us that his previous meet with dawkins was not properly planned,but he had got email of his secretary and had talked to him some times, he was going to email his secretary , he wanted to tell dawkins how much nirmukta has developed since he last met him, he wanted to tell him that he has got http://richarddawkins.net/articles/4769-...s-universe published at his site, then he laughed and said it was basically Dr. vadhwan's article but he co-authored so he can proudly mail that to dawkins.Shit man.He never lived to live that.

Yes. That's the one.
shobhitg Offline
Nastik

This is really shocking news. I just can't believe it. My sincere condolences to his family members. It was Ajita who really introduced many of us to Atheism Activism. I can't imagine what impact his loss will have on Nirmukta and our cause.
This was really untimely. I just don't have words to express my sadness!
swamiji Offline
Nirmukt Noobie

We all in the Kids' Kingdom Un-Orphanage, our 108 children, all associates and all sympathisers from all over mourn and condole for the sad and unrepairable loss of Noble Shriman Ajita Kamal Ji whose contribution to the freethought movement is unsubstitutable.

Swamiji
==================

(09-01-2012 11:28 PM)Lije Wrote:  "With deep sorrow, we regret to inform of the untimely death of Ajita Kamal. Ajita is the founder of Nirmuka and was a great champion of freethought in India. He died in an incident in his home town in Tamil Nadu, the details of which are unknown at this moment. We are in contact with his family for further details.

A formal note of his demise and a brief bio will be posted on Nirmukta.com in the next few days."

-Nirmukta team
harryghp Offline
Nirmukt Noobie

Likes Given: 2

Never knew the man but he has definitely made an everlasting impact on the way i think.
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2012 01:06 AM by harryghp.)
Malgorzata Offline
Nirmukt Noobie

What a sad, sad day! I knew Ajita only through e-mail but his warmth, a habit to encourage others and his wisdom came easily through the cyberspace.
sumit Offline
Nirmukt Noobie

I never thought that my first post here at Nirmukta would be in condolence to beloved Ajita's death............It was a sad news yesterday. Still trying to digest it.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)