Atheist Nexus
I found toggling between this Forum and FB consuming enough and now I joined Atheist Nexus as well. How useful is it? What are the important features of the network there that can prove useful? Thoughts/suggestions anyone?
Murthy

"Credulity kills" -- Carl Sagan
(03-Jun-2010, 01:38 PM)murthymail Wrote: How useful is it?

I found Nirmukta when I came across Ajita's profile on Nexus, so it was quite useful. But apart from that, not very.. The Indian communities would update once in a blue moon, and for the general forums, the comment threads on PZ Myers blogs seemed more interesting.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams

http://dsriharsha.blogspot.com
(03-Jun-2010, 01:38 PM)murthymail Wrote: I found toggling between this Forum and FB consuming enough and now I joined Atheist Nexus as well. How useful is it? What are the important features of the network there that can prove useful? Thoughts/suggestions anyone?

Atheist Nexus is a ning community, and although its a very self-contained community of atheists, I find the overall structure restrictive. I guess it is possible to network on AN, but for the moment the Indian Atheists group is not very active. However, it does function as a conduit for bringing people to Nirmukta, as Harsha's case demonstrates Big Grin
"Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian"
~ J.B.S.Haldane, on being asked to falsify evolution.
I can't really use FB for discussion, as the newer posts quickly bury the older ones. This kind of forum is much better. It should be publicized more.
Aditya Manthramurthy
Web Administrator & Associate Editor
Nirmukta.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dating and commitment, the atheist way. palaeo 17 15,483 14-May-2013, 12:07 PM
Last Post: dharitrimdatar
  Nirmukta featured on The Friendly Atheist nick87 1 2,786 13-Jun-2012, 07:51 PM
Last Post: bala
  List of International Freethinker/Atheist Associations and Conferences siddharth 1 8,891 21-Jun-2011, 07:04 AM
Last Post: Ajita Kamal
  Meeting up at the World Atheist Conference PankajKulkarni 27 12,409 09-Jan-2011, 09:14 AM
Last Post: United_Floyd
  8th World Atheist conference donatello 10 7,185 16-Nov-2010, 10:13 PM
Last Post: donatello
  8th World Atheist Conference, Tiruchi, 7-9 Jan2011 drnbala 0 3,329 27-May-2010, 07:43 AM
Last Post: drnbala