Atheist challenged Indian black magician to kill him live on TV
http://xmb.stuffucanuse.com/xmb/viewthread.php?tid=5116
This article was getting popular on reddit.

This is what happens when the "tantriks" allow themselves to be tested-they fail miserably.

Can anyone provide a translation of the video?

It kinda makes me sad to see even after proving that his magic spells are full of bs, the "tantrik" refuses to face reality.No

Also, we need more shows like this on television. I think tv shows like this are a great way to educate people because today everyone watches tv, even in rural areas.
"Life is but a momentary glimpse into the wonder of this astonishing universe, and it makes me sad to see so many people dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy." - Carl Sagan
That is a very popular video of Sanal Edamaruku and I think many of us are familiar with it. It has received much coverage outside India because of how sensationalist it is. Unfortunately, I do not know of any attempts to translate it.

Nirmukta is working with another organization that has been doing similar work as you see in the above video- the Federation of Indian Rationalist Associations. Its founder, Basava Premanan was known as India's James Randi, and was highly respected by Randi himself.
Today the organization's president, Prof Narendra Nayak, travels the country regularly giving demonstrations and talks on scientific temper. He has challenged many popular mystics and tantriks, and debunked many of them publicly. You can read some of his exploits (this is just a few of the events since Nirmukta's founding that we have posted) here.
Here is a video of him on TV that we here at Nirmukta helped add English subtitles for:

"Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian"
~ J.B.S.Haldane, on being asked to falsify evolution.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sally Morgan challenged to prove her psychic powers on Halloween Natekar 0 1,735 30-Oct-2011, 06:04 PM
Last Post: Natekar
  need information on Indian Black magic prashanthshivanna 4 12,926 03-Jan-2011, 01:13 PM
Last Post: prashanthshivanna
  Healing Methods in Indian Villages TTCUSM 9 4,809 15-Sep-2010, 10:53 AM
Last Post: Sajit