Banner design Feedback.
Hey everyone,

What do you think of the new banner? Leave feedback here.

Here's the design on its own.

[Image: Nirmukta_Forum_Banner_by_life1_version2.png]
Love it!
(10-Apr-2010, 03:39 PM)bala Wrote: Hey everyone,

What do you think of the new banner? Leave feedback here.

Here's the design on its own.

[Image: Nirmukta_Forum_Banner_by_life1_version2.png]

I've said it before, Bala. I think your work is amazing, and you are going to be such an important part of our team. Thanks for the awesome logo!

Here's to a successful career for you!
"Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian"
~ J.B.S.Haldane, on being asked to falsify evolution.
What's bugging me is that the bird in the middle of the Nirmukta logo is hardly visible. I need to give it another colour. Also I need to try and fill the space between the Nirmukta logo and Nirmukta Community text. That gap just doesn't feel right. will get it done soon.
(10-Apr-2010, 07:28 PM)bala Wrote: What's bugging me is that the bird in the middle of the Nirmukta logo is hardly visible. I need to give it another colour. Also I need to try and fill the space between the Nirmukta logo and Nirmukta Community text. That gap just doesn't feel right. will get it done soon.

Considering the work you did on the banners is under public domain, could I get a .psd file to this? I'd like to play around with my ideas on this.

All that needs to be done to "fill" the space between the logo and the text is bringing the two closer above the same background. Trying to fill it with something would cluster things unnecessarily IMO. Adding to the clutter is the typography for the sub-title, it's mostly alike the community name in size with the background gradient further emphasizing the cacophony.

We could maybe try hues of orange or green on the dark blue and yellow that we already have for the bird, but then never been good at colors.
Hey, iconoclastmolotov,

Thanks for the excellent ideas. This is Bala's project, so he will decide whether to bring you in or not, but if you're interested in helping the cause of atheism and freethought we have a few other projects that need a designer's touch. One urgent project is the Carvaka site. If you don't know what Carvaka is, see here.

Trancgemini (Kitty) is the admin for the website, http://carvaka.in. The goal of this site will be to spread the history of materialist thought in ancient India. Please contact her through these boards if you're interested in designing a logo for the carvaka.in site that is to be a part of our media network. This website will be an important part of our strategy in the coming years!
"Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian"
~ J.B.S.Haldane, on being asked to falsify evolution.
(12-Apr-2010, 11:25 AM)Ajita Kamal Wrote: Hey, iconoclastmolotov,
Is my username too long for you guys? This is why you shouldn't let 17 year olds have accounts here and there, we have too many hormones to not sound pretentious.

(12-Apr-2010, 11:25 AM)Ajita Kamal Wrote: Trancgemini (Kitty) is the admin for the website, http://carvaka.in. The goal of this site will be to spread the history of materialist thought in ancient India. Please contact her through these boards if you're interested in designing a logo for the carvaka.in site that is to be a part of our media network. This website will be an important part of our strategy in the coming years!
Will contact her rightaway. Knew about Carvaka from my earlier interactions on communities (an RDFugee here) but only read up about it since the past few weeks. I'd love to be a part of this! smile
sorry for the late reply icon. Have sent the psd file to your hotmail id. the layers are a bit of a mess so hope you'll find your way through them. Havent got around organising it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Facebook IA banner designs. bala 3 5,214 19-Feb-2011, 08:04 AM
Last Post: bala
  Design Requests bala 1 3,364 21-May-2010, 03:59 PM
Last Post: Ajita Kamal