Christopher Hitchens is no more: 1949-2011
Hitchens- one of the four horsemen of the New Atheism movement has passed away today after a battle with oesophageal cancer. His achievements in journalism, literature and freethought will be a beacon of hope for closeted skeptics worldwide to embrace critical thinking.
Viva la Hitch.
"It's alright, I rarely meet anyone who's able to read it properly. Although personally, I never thought that it to be an odd of a name. Once I give people the pronunciation, they tend to remember my name by easily associating me with it. A unique face, a unique moniker."
[+] 2 users Like nick87's post
It is with a heavy heart that i write my first post in this forum, It was only 3 years ago that I had come across one of Hitchens debate on youtube. I was a believer then, I am an atheist now. His writings and debates have influenced my life in more ways than I can describe in words.

Once when a debate moderator enquired about his health...Christopher remarked... "Thank you for asking. Well I am dying !".. (audience laugh)...and then he quipped in his characteristic wit....."So are you !" (laughter an applause).

That is Christopher. Sharp,Witty, indomitable spirit. We have lost a great human being. I'm sure his work will continue to inspire us.

[+] 1 user Likes Raghav's post
After burning the candle at both ends, radiating light intense enough to break through to regions darkened by religion, at the end of his days, he shone even brighter. Like the cosmic microwave background radiation, that light is going to linger for a long time.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Census 2011: Caste to be included siddharth 8 5,903 27-Jul-2010, 12:45 AM
Last Post: siddharth