Copying facebook comments to the forums
I think we need a policy with regards to how we post content from facebook. I suggest the following:

1. Ask the permission of all people who are involved in the content being posted.

There are cases where we don't need to ask - if the people are already on the forums, and are known to be okay with the content being copied, and if the copying comes under fair use. The case where we do need to ask is - if someone posted a lengthy comment which is not covered by fair use.
  2. If no permission has been (or cannot be) obtained from participants, blank out their names or anonymize them.

People who participate in facebook may do so believing that only people who they have allowed in their facebook settings can see what they post. Copying content with their names on a publicly visible forum which is indexed by search engines will be a violation of their privacy.

[+] 3 users Like Lije's post
I have a doubt about posting the links, often we point to the relevant link to the live thread in facebook, since nirmukta main group is open , anyone can view the discussions, so blacking out does not help, should we not post the links too.(edited the thali post and blacked out names and faces)
[+] 1 user Likes LMC's post
Replacing names by initials offers a kind of partial, conditional anonymity in that the archived thread won't show if a participant's name is googled, but participants themselves can recognize each other and continue the convo here. That approach has been used here in the past.
[+] 1 user Likes arvindiyer's post
(30-Dec-2011, 04:37 AM)LMC Wrote: I have a doubt about posting the links, often we point to the relevant link to the live thread in facebook, since nirmukta main group is open , anyone can view the discussions, so blacking out does not help, should we not post the links too.(edited the thali post and blacked out names and faces)

That is a problem. I'm for not posting the links.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Star Announcing the nirmukta facebook page and 4 new subject specific groups LMC 0 3,742 08-Dec-2011, 05:14 PM
Last Post: LMC
  A formal set of rules for the forums donatello 20 14,215 19-Jun-2011, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Lije