Despite overwhelming evidence, why do some of us deny the science?
It started with Prof. Dawkins interviewing a creationist and asking her to go the museum (ANY museum except the Creation Museum) to see the fossil evidence. Still, she kept dodging the question and refused to see the evidence and believe in evolution.
So why is it that in the face of irrevocable proof that people still don't trust the science? Case in point the American and Turkish Creationists?
Here's an article by Andrew Shtulman at Occidental College that was published in Cognition journal. It may shed some light on the situation.
This article in the New Yorker also talks about the results of the paper in case the paper is tl;dr.

"It's alright, I rarely meet anyone who's able to read it properly. Although personally, I never thought that it to be an odd of a name. Once I give people the pronunciation, they tend to remember my name by easily associating me with it. A unique face, a unique moniker."
Yeah I remember that Dawkins interview. Was painful to watch. She basically had her fingers in her ear and went "Lalalalalaala... can't hear ya"
Personally, I have come across people who don't even like other people finding evidences. I had God Delusion lying around in my living room and this guy comes and asks me "whats it about?". I told that it basically proves that there is no God and his immediate reply is "Everybody should be allowed to have whatever beliefs they want. Why go on and prove otherwise".
Face Palm
yeah. "the problem with atheists is that they exist." - thats what the argument comes down to.
[+] 1 user Likes bala's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Science events for adults to substitute "satsangas" karatalaamalaka 4 4,784 04-Oct-2012, 01:21 AM
Last Post: geetha
  105 practical ways to promotes science and advance skepticism Sajit 3 3,387 02-May-2010, 01:39 AM
Last Post: Ajita Kamal