Did Richard Dawkins really stumped?
Shocked 
Watch this video which is circulated widely by creationists:

Now check the attachment below for Richard Dawkins answer to the question and also explanation of that situation:

Attached Files
.pdf   Richard Dawkins - The Information Challenge.pdf (Size: 47.09 KB / Downloads: 33)
I like how these religious people are so desperate that they purposefully deceive those they are trying to convert to their religion. Dawkins didn't really have to answer that particular question the way he did, because that long explanation about the nature of information will seem like muddling the conversation to the idiots who like simplistic answers to everything. All Dawkins needs to say is that there is plenty of dormant genetic information that can be triggered into action when a specific mutation occurs. Or, he could have used an analogy of a computer program (he did talk about computer code in his long explanation, but not in the succinct way he could have) that can generate a whole lot of data if just one or two changes were made to the code.

When all is said and done, the world will always have such morons who think they can trump true genius if only they are cunning enough.
"Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian"
~ J.B.S.Haldane, on being asked to falsify evolution.
Its really tough to answer when someone pops up to your house unnoticed and ask such question when you are not prepared for a debate.
wow! thank you Ajita. I had seen this video on youtube. the pdf file is excellent. It clarifies the entire episode. thanks for sharing.
(12-May-2010, 03:43 PM)shrihara Wrote: Its really tough to answer when someone pops up to your house unnoticed and ask such question when you are not prepared for a debate.

I disagree. This was an interview not a debate! Besides it sounds apologetic to put it that way...
i heard the video was edited in someway...there is a response video to it in youtube
(09-Feb-2011, 06:30 PM)Naveen_Reloaded Wrote: i heard the video was edited in someway...there is a response video to it in youtube

The pdf that Srihara posted contains an account of the deceptive editing used to make Dawkins seem stumped by the question:

Quote:2 See Barry Williams (1998): Creationist Deception Exposed, The
Skeptic 18, 3, pp 7-10, for an account of how my long pause (trying to
decide whether to throw them out) was made to look like hesitant
inability to answer the question, followed by an apparently evasive
answer to a completely different question
"Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian"
~ J.B.S.Haldane, on being asked to falsify evolution.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is Richard Dawkins (and are all the New Atheists) Arrogant? Ajita Kamal 24 20,756 08-Sep-2011, 10:00 PM
Last Post: arvindiyer
Smile Recommended: Excellent talks by PZ Myers and Richard Dawkins rajesh_shenoy 3 2,907 09-Apr-2010, 06:05 PM
Last Post: natselrox