Expansion theory - how true is it?
A few years ago, I got hold of this book called The Final Theory. I fell for the catchy slogan "The book scientists don't want you to read". I went through about 3/4ths of the book and gave up as it was getting too heavy for me.

Thinking back, it was one of the preposterous things I ever read. The author puts forward a new "Theory of Everything" that basically says every atom and molecule is expanding at the smallest level and that is the cause of gravity, and that the reason we don't see things around us expanding is because we ourselves are expanding and there is nothing for us to compare this expansion to.

Unfortunately I've lost the book and can't recollect much of it. But recently I came across this same theory again from another source. A quick search for expansion theory shows many sites propagating this. So I was wondering if anyone else have heard about this so we know how much of this is true.
here's the author's site
Quote:...if science itself begins to head down the wrong path, before long it can veer far off course, taking all of us along with it – often for centuries.

The Final Theory shows where this has occurred in our science, starting with Newton and accelerating with Einstein.
ROTFL
"Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian"
~ J.B.S.Haldane, on being asked to falsify evolution.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stephen Wolfram's A New Kind Of Science: Computing A Theory Of Everything Ajita Kamal 17 15,473 23-Nov-2011, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Vinod Wadhawan