Feature requests and suggestions
i suggest nirmukta to use facebook connect to integrate nirmukta account with facebook account

Benefits of Facebook Connect
Users can simply login with their Facebook account without going through the registration process.
Increase user interaction and your traffic through Facebook notifications and news-feeds!
Features
Facebook users will be able to receive Facebook notifications when:
There is a reply to their thread or a thread that they're subscribing to
They receive a new PM
News-Feed will be published on to the user's wall when the user:
Logs in for the first time
Replies to a thread
Creates a new thread
Fetch user data from Facebook
Fetch data like name, location, profile picture and use it on your forums! ( Some data may not be available for some users)

Automatically befriend user's friends
If any of the user's friends are also registered on the forum, they will (may be) automatically be friends!

http://developers.facebook.com/blog/post/108/
also i suggest a freethought faq thread or there is already? Ohmy
I am just curious if this has been contemplated? Since there are numerous websites that vie for peoples attention every day, wouldnt it make sense to have just one consolidated website (like RD.net did a while ago.. closing their forums and moving that into a 'Discussions' section on the main website).
Of course, the resources for execution of such a project is a separate issue, but I am just wondering if you think its a good idea.

PS:
posting to existing thread coz I didnt have perms to create a new thread in this area.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has - Margaret Mead
Just a quick heads up on this to both Lalit and AKNJ, we are actually aware of these issues. The problem right now is that we are too unorganized to efficiently organize our resources. There are 4-5 webdevelopers on the team, and right now the most important project is moving the main nirmukta site to a new host and upgrading everything. The forums are definitely next on the list.

We have also considered the logistics of integrating the forums with the websites, of upgrading the forums to a more suitable platform and of course, integrating facebook with the forums and the websites. Some of these are still in the discussion stage, and all of these look great on paper. I see no way we are going to get all this done until the regional groups get properly organized and the organization gets registered, allowing us to collect funds and actually hire people to do the job. Volunteer work is just not going to cut it.
"Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian"
~ J.B.S.Haldane, on being asked to falsify evolution.
Thumbup so you did it? i just saw facebook login button , which plugin did you use?
do we also get a notif on facebook when someone likes our post,replies or add as a friend ?

and i like the quick edit, full edit option quick edit is simple

though (This post was last modified: Today 08:00 PM by lalitmohanchawla.) seems creepy :P
(03-Jun-2011, 07:38 PM)lalitmohanchawla Wrote: Thumbup so you did it? i just saw facebook login button , which plugin did you use?
do we also get a notif on facebook when someone likes our post,replies or add as a friend ?

and i like the quick edit, full edit option quick edit is simple

though (This post was last modified: Today 08:00 PM by lalitmohanchawla.) seems creepy :P

Thanks Lalit!

Right now its only login with facebook.The plugin doesn't support fb notifications.

Thumbup to Lije!

Lalit, now about the FAQ, we've actually discussed it on a couple of threads, and there are a multitude of factors to take into account. I'll try to compile these points and come up with a working FAQ list this weekend.
hi lije,i just noticed this-(name crossing the border) thought you should know

Attached Files
.bmp   Optimized-rajesh.bmp (Size: 27.46 KB / Downloads: 9)
I wonder what the solution to this can be. I think the page and sidebar widths are perfect the way they are. So would the username spill into the next line?
(07-Jun-2011, 01:24 AM)lalitmohanchawla Wrote: hi lije,i just noticed this-(name crossing the border) thought you should know

Thanks. It's fixed now.

(07-Jun-2011, 02:08 AM)Ajita Kamal Wrote: I wonder what the solution to this can be. I think the page and sidebar widths are perfect the way they are. So would the username spill into the next line?

Yes. The username will wrap over to the next line.
[+] 2 users Like Lije's post
i like the new banner though don't you think the background hue at lower left kind of hides the nirmukta bird logo, it does not appear that prominently maybe if the logo was a little bigger and shifted a few pixels up and left
I see what you're saying, Lalit, but it doesn't strike me as that much of an issue. Maybe its because of our different monitors.