Feature requests and suggestions
ya just what i felt at first look, overall it is very nice , and refreshing colors, by the way which would be a better place for my miscellaneous posts such as this as this thread is for feature requests
(17-Jun-2011, 02:24 AM)lalitmohanchawla Wrote: ya just what i felt at first look, overall it is very nice , and refreshing colors, by the way which would be a better place for my miscellaneous posts such as this as this thread is for feature requests

You can use this forum itself. Now all members can start threads here.

Could we have a navigation bar at the top of header with links to Nirmukta Radio, Youtube, Facebook page etc? Kinda like this (not the same format)?
"Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way."
- Christopher Hitchens
[+] 2 users Like Myst's post
(25-Jun-2011, 02:58 AM)Myst Wrote: Could we have a navigation bar at the top of header with links to Nirmukta Radio, Youtube, Facebook page etc? Kinda like this (not the same format)?

That's a good idea. We have thought of it before, but kept putting it off till the forum site was redesigned. Thanks for reminding!
(25-Jun-2011, 07:38 PM)Lije Wrote:
(25-Jun-2011, 02:58 AM)Myst Wrote: Could we have a navigation bar at the top of header with links to Nirmukta Radio, Youtube, Facebook page etc? Kinda like this (not the same format)?

That's a good idea. We have thought of it before, but kept putting it off till the forum site was redesigned. Thanks for reminding!

Added links below the banner.
[+] 1 user Likes Lije's post
I didn't want to resurrect an year old thread so i thought i'd post here
(15-Oct-2010, 09:43 PM)Lije Wrote:
(13-Oct-2010, 10:28 AM)arvindiyer Wrote: How about this? Create a user-editable list of pseudoscience readings, where members can post links as and when they encounter them. Other members can treat this list as a kind of triage queue and do the three-tier classification. Is there a provision (as simple as an 'online form') where there can be three kinds of 'comments' boxes, one each for the three tiers? This way an article can be quickly collectively vetted.

A wiki would be nice for what you propose, but we don't have one. For now you could create a new thread and people can post their links and write their analysis under the categories you mentioned. Once we have a sizable number of links, the content can then be moved to a page on Nirmukta.com.

nirmukta main site is a wordpress site right? recently (april) they've come up with a wiki plugin
installation
updates
details
[+] 1 user Likes LMC's post
Forgive me if this has been mentioned before.
Why not add a Reputation button under the user name and profile pic? If the post they make is excellent then another user can give "rep" points to them. The rep status can be shown as increasing number of bars or stars as your doing. Rep can initially be given by admins or moderators and as a user becomes more influential (via meaningful contributions to relevant threads), he/she can bestow rep upon others. Think of it as introducing a badge of contribution to the freethought Nirmukta community smile

And I use Firefox 5, and I have to log in everytime. Can the web designer for this website do something that will prompt Firefox to save the password so that I can log on using a password wand (like that of Opera)?

Also make your policy regarding necromancy clear. That is for eg, some threads may be interesting but the last reply would have been in 2008. So replying to a thread that's as good as dead is necromancy. Most forums do not tolerate necromancy (Mad ). Some topics are awesome here, but the last replies are in 2010. So that's why I asked about that policy, if you have one.

For aesthetics, the user CP options (view new posts, etc) could be relocated to the top right of the screen. And finally, I feel that we could get a new banner with brighter colors? like the nirmukta.com website?
"It's alright, I rarely meet anyone who's able to read it properly. Although personally, I never thought that it to be an odd of a name. Once I give people the pronunciation, they tend to remember my name by easily associating me with it. A unique face, a unique moniker."
[+] 1 user Likes nick87's post
(02-Jul-2011, 04:19 AM)lalitmohanchawla Wrote: nirmukta main site is a wordpress site right? recently (april) they've come up with a wiki plugin
installation
updates
details

Thanks for the suggestion! We are planning to re-design the main site, so this is something we can look into at that point.
(03-Jul-2011, 09:23 PM)nick87 Wrote: Forgive me if this has been mentioned before.
Why not add a Reputation button under the user name and profile pic? If the post they make is excellent then another user can give "rep" points to them. The rep status can be shown as increasing number of bars or stars as your doing. Rep can initially be given by admins or moderators and as a user becomes more influential (via meaningful contributions to relevant threads), he/she can bestow rep upon others. Think of it as introducing a badge of contribution to the freethought Nirmukta community smile

I think the Like system we have now is better as it shows the no. of likes an individual post has received as opposed to the rep system which only shows up at a user level and not for posts.

(03-Jul-2011, 09:23 PM)nick87 Wrote: And I use Firefox 5, and I have to log in everytime. Can the web designer for this website do something that will prompt Firefox to save the password so that I can log on using a password wand (like that of Opera)?

Will look into it.

(03-Jul-2011, 09:23 PM)nick87 Wrote: Also make your policy regarding necromancy clear. That is for eg, some threads may be interesting but the last reply would have been in 2008. So replying to a thread that's as good as dead is necromancy. Most forums do not tolerate necromancy (Mad ). Some topics are awesome here, but the last replies are in 2010. So that's why I asked about that policy, if you have one.

It is okay to dig up old threads. If the topic is dead or has gone awry, the thread will be closed.

(03-Jul-2011, 09:23 PM)nick87 Wrote: For aesthetics, the user CP options (view new posts, etc) could be relocated to the top right of the screen. And finally, I feel that we could get a new banner with brighter colors? like the nirmukta.com website?

A lot of people liked the banner when it was put up. But if someone can come up with a better design, it will be considered.

And thanks for all the suggestions!
Hey how about a nirmukta/indian athiests google chrome theme?
http://lifehacker.com/5732208/how-to-cre...-wallpaper
Its seems i am very late to the forum here [don't mean its hitting 2.50 IST]. But i am a software developer and i can help with the things here. I have some experience in Digital Marketing. But i don't have much time right now to read the whole thread and figure out what needs to be done. Please let me know if there's something which needs be done and where/how i can interact with the team who maintains the development/maintenance of digital assets and initiatives.
I have a suggestion. I notice that the http://www.nirmukta.net website has a mobile version. But http://www.nirmukta.com does not have a mobile version. Would be nice to have this website in mobile format as well. Would make it easy to browse on a smartphone.
[+] 1 user Likes Captain Mandrake's post