Feedback on the new theme for the forums
We're in the process of testing out a new theme for the forums and would like some feedback on it. The theme is currently installed but, obviously, it has not been made the default one.

To try it, click on 'User CP' (top right corner if you're using the default theme).
Under 'Your Profile' (left sidebar) click on 'Edit Options'.
Under 'Other Options' (lower right side) select the 'SimpleCorp' theme
Click 'Update Options'.

Bala will be designing a new full size banner, and the text 'Nirmukta Freethought Community' is temporary.

If possible please include details such as type of monitor (widescreen or not), browser and operating system, along with your impression of the theme and any issues you see with it.

Thanks!

"Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian"
~ J.B.S.Haldane, on being asked to falsify evolution.
And when in 'Edit Options', please select the "Display posts in classic mode" option. That will display the user profile info on the left of the post instead of at the top. Once we make the "SimpleCorp" theme the default, we are going to set the classic mode as default.
(29-May-2011, 06:56 PM)Lije Wrote: And when in 'Edit Options', please select the "Display posts in classic mode" option. That will display the user profile info on the left of the post instead of at the top. Once we make the "SimpleCorp" theme the default, we are going to set the classic mode as default.

I've actually set this as default for all users. Its working if I sign out and view the threads, but I'm not sure if it will affect users who are already registered and signed in.

text appears vertically compressed as compared to previous default, maybe it will take some time getting used to but yeah it is simple and color scheme is relaxing Thumbup
(30-May-2011, 09:18 PM)lalitmohanchawla Wrote: text appears vertically compressed as compared to previous default, maybe it will take some time getting used to but yeah it is simple and color scheme is relaxing Thumbup

Thanks for the feedback, Lalit. We decided to go with FB-like color scheme, and I think Lije used the same font as on FB for the text. But it can be changed if it looks too squashed.
The new theme is now set for all users. Please share your feedback/suggestions on the theme.

Note that the banner is temporary.
Hey,

I love this so far! Can't wait for the new banner!

PS. I was wondering if there could be a search bar somewhere below the banner in the main (and all other) pages.
(31-May-2011, 08:39 AM)siddharth Wrote: PS. I was wondering if there could be a search bar somewhere below the banner in the main (and all other) pages.

Having a search bar is a good idea. Added it to the nav bar below the banner.

(31-May-2011, 04:52 PM)Lije Wrote:
(31-May-2011, 08:39 AM)siddharth Wrote: PS. I was wondering if there could be a search bar somewhere below the banner in the main (and all other) pages.

Hey, this is a good point. Just checked, and Its not appearing properly in chrome. Looks good on firefox and opera. On chrome the button is appearing below the search box.
(31-May-2011, 04:56 PM)Ajita Kamal Wrote:
(31-May-2011, 04:52 PM)Lije Wrote:

Hey, this is a good point. Just checked, and Its not appearing properly in chrome. Looks good on firefox and opera. On chrome the button is appearing below the search box.

Fixed.

[+] 2 users Like Lije's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Theme (Help Us Pick) Ajita Kamal 1 3,367 10-Apr-2010, 05:25 PM
Last Post: siddharth