Forum software upgraded to MyBB 1.8
I upgraded the forum software to MyBB 1.8 as it appears to have better options to prevent spam registrations.

As a result of the upgrade, the old forum theme no longer works and I had to revert to the default MyBB theme.

There are a few features missing and some rough edges. I'll work on them over the next few weeks.

But currently the main forum features should work. If you notice any problems, please post in this thread. If you can't post, send an email to info@nirmukta.com
[+] 2 users Like Lije's post
(21-Mar-2015, 11:33 AM)Lije Wrote: If you notice any problems, please post in this thread.

I can't see Like/Unlike button anymore!
Hi Lije,

Good job to put controls on registration.

I just noticed that on the iPhone I used to get a mobile version of the website. With this upgrade I only see the desktop version. Is that something you have noticed?
When I upgraded, a few plugins were incompatible - the Like buttons, mobile theme were among those. I need to find compatible versions and install them.
The Like/Unlike buttons are available now. But the Mobile theme we were using is not yet compatible with the latest version of MyBB. It might be a few months before it is available.

Since this is 2015, MyBB ought to have come with a responsive theme that will handle all screen sizes. But MyBB development is slow and I haven't seen any third party responsive themes that I like.
[+] 1 user Likes Lije's post
Looks like there is a hack to make the GoMobile theme work with MyBB 1.8. I applied it and the Mobile theme is active now. I'm not sure if all functions/features work. If you notice any problems, post here. I'll try and fix them.
[+] 1 user Likes Lije's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Forum Rules Lije 1 38,767 19-Jun-2011, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Lije
  New forum features! donatello 0 7,478 23-Sep-2010, 11:08 PM
Last Post: donatello