Hello everyone
It's strange that out of all the freethought forums on the internet I found this one to be the best.

I am Australian, so we don't live very far apart. My own father, a Sydneysider, travelled to India when he was younger. It is very difficult to find a community which is not too narrow in discussing the definition of freethought (I have found that discussing evangelists, the ID movement, even scientific skepticism etc gets very old very quick).

To me, freethought should follow the very nature of the word ("free" thought, as in free thinking) and conducted under the umbrella of logic and reason. We should not be afraid to put forward our arguments and for those arguments to be tested by others. It is important to bring a fresh perspective to a variety of issues.

I look forward to having useful discussions on your forum.
(03-Oct-2010, 07:04 AM)ABrowne Wrote: It's strange that out of all the freethought forums on the internet I found this one to be the best.

I am Australian, so we don't live very far apart. My own father, a Sydneysider, travelled to India when he was younger. It is very difficult to find a community which is not too narrow in discussing the definition of freethought (I have found that discussing evangelists, the ID movement, even scientific skepticism etc gets very old very quick).

To me, freethought should follow the very nature of the word ("free" thought, as in free thinking) and conducted under the umbrella of logic and reason. We should not be afraid to put forward our arguments and for those arguments to be tested by others. It is important to bring a fresh perspective to a variety of issues.

Welcome onboard smile

(03-Oct-2010, 07:04 AM)ABrowne Wrote: It's strange that out of all the freethought forums on the internet I found this one to be the best.

Hi ABrowne, welcome to the Nirmukta forums! There are a couple of others from Australia on the boards! I hope that to see you participate in our discussions and share your ideas with us.
"Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian"
~ J.B.S.Haldane, on being asked to falsify evolution.
Hey Abrowne! Cheers.
Hello abrowne, welcome onboard Nirmukta forums. Nice meeting you and reading your first post.