Hello there.
I'm a biologist, atheist, skeptic and blogger from Mysore.
[+] 1 user Likes ARChakravarthy's post
(11-Jun-2011, 11:57 PM)ARChakravarthy Wrote: I'm a biologist, atheist, skeptic and blogger from Mysore.

Hi ARChakravarthy, welcome to Nirmukta!
(12-Jun-2011, 12:43 AM)Lije Wrote:
(11-Jun-2011, 11:57 PM)ARChakravarthy Wrote: I'm a biologist, atheist, skeptic and blogger from Mysore.

Hi ARChakravarthy, welcome to Nirmukta!

I think I'll introduce myself in some more detail now, I really could not be arsed to do so last night. Biggrin

I hold a B.Sc in Biotechnology, Biochemistry and Microbiology and will be starting Master's studies this fall, if things go well bureaucratically, it will be in Cancer Biology at UCL. The blog I write for (it is a four author blog) is primarily focused on science and skepticism and can be found here http://exploreable.wordpress.com

My other interests include debating, graphic design, photography, writing poetry and photomicrography. As far as background is concerned, I'm the only atheist in a somewhat orthodox nuclear family in a very orthodox extended family. I'm also rather militant with my atheism and freethought, and I have no compunctions in going after bad ideas that I encounter, after all, bad ideas exist to be destroyed.

So yeah, I think I'll be hanging around for the foreseeable future, if there is anything I could do for Nirmukta with things like graphic design, just ask Thumbup

Oh-wait, it's GenesForLife from ratskep?

Welcome aboard.
(12-Jun-2011, 01:03 PM)Myst Wrote: Oh-wait, it's GenesForLife from ratskep?

Welcome aboard.

Yup, the same, and ta.

Hey, ARC, welcome! smile

I'm a biologist by training as well.
"Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian"
~ J.B.S.Haldane, on being asked to falsify evolution.
(12-Jun-2011, 01:20 PM)Ajita Kamal Wrote:

Hey, ARC, welcome! smile

I'm a biologist by training as well.

Cool, what are your research interests? (I'm assuming that is what you do, correct me if I'm wrong)
(12-Jun-2011, 12:25 PM)ARChakravarthy Wrote: I hold a B.Sc in Biotechnology, Biochemistry and Microbiology and will be starting Master's studies this fall, if things go well bureaucratically, it will be in Cancer Biology at UCL. The blog I write for (it is a four author blog) is primarily focused on science and skepticism and can be found here http://exploreable.wordpress.com

The blog looks really cool! Punk And I see that Nastelrox is one of the authors.

(12-Jun-2011, 12:25 PM)ARChakravarthy Wrote: So yeah, I think I'll be hanging around for the foreseeable future, if there is anything I could do for Nirmukta with things like graphic design, just ask Thumbup

Thanks for the offer! Will sure ask you when we need some help.

Again, it's good to have you here.
(12-Jun-2011, 01:31 PM)Lije Wrote:
(12-Jun-2011, 12:25 PM)ARChakravarthy Wrote: I hold a B.Sc in Biotechnology, Biochemistry and Microbiology and will be starting Master's studies this fall, if things go well bureaucratically, it will be in Cancer Biology at UCL. The blog I write for (it is a four author blog) is primarily focused on science and skepticism and can be found here http://exploreable.wordpress.com

The blog looks really cool! Punk And I see that Nastelrox is one of the authors.

Oh I can tell you it cool, articles got linked to by PZ Myers on Pharyngula twice, retweeted by James Randi and one article was featured on a BBC Buzz page.

(12-Jun-2011, 01:22 PM)ARChakravarthy Wrote: Cool, what are your research interests? (I'm assuming that is what you do, correct me if I'm wrong)

I'm not in academia and don't do any research at present.
"Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian"
~ J.B.S.Haldane, on being asked to falsify evolution.