Hello world
Hi Group,

Greetings ! smile

I am atheist by birth. My parents never told me anything about religion or god nor did I find the concept of God truly believable.

My dad was educated till 8th standard and my mom till B.A 2nd year. Both were born around 1950. A remarkable thing between both of them is that they never had bothered about religion or god. With not so good education, I never found them in faith or practicing so called rituals just because they are followed by society. Hence I can conclude that lack of education is not the only reason to make people develop faith.

For a while in my life, at least from the time I started thinking about religion and god, I was agnostic. I thought that it is not possible to prove that god exist. But over a period of time, I realized that I am truly an atheist and actually do not believe in god's existence.

As a social animal, I want to be in company of like minded people as well. I found it difficult to discuss the idea of religion or existence of god with the people around me. A People with faith take it too personally. Hence I am happy that I have found this forum.

I found that only like mindedness won't make progress of thoughts and ideas. Ideas develop when they are criticized from in and out of the circle.

- Nishant
Indians today are governed by two different ideologies. Their political ideal set in the preamble of the Constitution affirms a life of liberty, equality and fraternity. Their social ideal embodied in their religion denies them. - Ambedkar
Hi Nishant, welcome to the group . Interesting introduction.

Many of us were also agnostics first before realizing that we actually are atheists.

This community's goal is indeed to be a place for us freethinkers to socialize, but we are also highly critical of dubious beliefs, including our own. Of course, we do also take it out to the public, but building community has tremendous benefit smile
"Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian"
~ J.B.S.Haldane, on being asked to falsify evolution.
[+] 2 users Like Ajita Kamal's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb Hello world... drharishc 0 1,276 22-Aug-2013, 12:34 PM
Last Post: drharishc
  Greetings from the other side of the world EndAllDelusionsOfH8 0 1,156 03-Feb-2013, 09:04 AM
Last Post: EndAllDelusionsOfH8
  Hello World krish 7 3,817 25-Oct-2010, 01:53 AM
Last Post: thenastik