Hi
Wink 
(12-May-2010, 08:22 PM)Sajit Wrote: Nice dissection Srihara smile

Hi,

I understand that this is mostly an atheist community, but seriously I personally feel many people have only vey half baked ideas of thing over here, A very interesting this is about Advaita, I have read some of Meera Nanda's articles please do believe me she does not have basic understanding of any of Hinduism's tenets. It would be seriously better to first educate oneself of different things and then talk about them. I seriously feel that hearing about Advaita from Meera Nanda or any one over here is like hearing "Quantum Physics" from an English literature teacher.If you simply do not find some thing convincing that is fine. If you really want to know how the arguments are justified , I am ready for a discussion on this but definitely not a debate, since debates are mostly focussed on disproving the opponents position.
(23-Aug-2011, 09:00 PM)Shriram Ravi Bhandari Wrote: Hi,

I understand that this is mostly an atheist community, but seriously I personally feel many people have only vey half baked ideas of thing over here, A very interesting this is about Advaita, I have read some of Meera Nanda's articles please do believe me she does not have basic understanding of any of Hinduism's tenets. It would be seriously better to first educate oneself of different things and then talk about them. I seriously feel that hearing about Advaita from Meera Nanda or any one over here is like hearing "Quantum Physics" from an English literature teacher.If you simply do not find some thing convincing that is fine. If you really want to know how the arguments are justified , I am ready for a discussion on this but definitely not a debate, since debates are mostly focussed on disproving the opponents position.

You are welcome for discussions.Start a new thread. Please do not be close minded that Advaitha is absolutely true.
(23-Aug-2011, 09:00 PM)Shriram Ravi Bhandari Wrote: I understand that this is mostly an atheist community, but seriously I personally feel many people have only vey half baked ideas of thing over here, A very interesting this is about Advaita, I have read some of Meera Nanda's articles please do believe me she does not have basic understanding of any of Hinduism's tenets. It would be seriously better to first educate oneself of different things and then talk about them. I seriously feel that hearing about Advaita from Meera Nanda or any one over here is like hearing "Quantum Physics" from an English literature teacher.If you simply do not find some thing convincing that is fine. If you really want to know how the arguments are justified , I am ready for a discussion on this but definitely not a debate, since debates are mostly focussed on disproving the opponents position.

Despite you saying that you are only interested in a discussion, you have already made up your mind on somethings (that many atheists here have no clue about advaita) and are here to "teach" us the basics (which is kind of presumptuous given that many of us have indeed spent time studying the basics quite carefully lest we hastily reject a worldview), whatever you want to say is best said at the debate group since you are already on facebook.
[+] 1 user Likes Lije's post