Hi, I am Shitij from Noida
Rainbow 
Hi Friends,
My name is Shitij, 27 and I am from Noida. I guess I was never very religious really. For the first 25 years of my life, I kind of accepted the notion of God, though I was aware that I might be wrong and ALWAYS accepted evolution since the time I read it for the first time in school. But, I was least concerned about theism/atheism to devote any time to the topic. And it never even came up for discussion in my circle. I guess I was more busy getting on with my life. I always disliked going to any temple because I really thought it a waste of my time, and did get a word or two to hear from people around me whenever I said that.

Now, over the last couple of years, I've been reading a lot of free thinkers like Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens and more importantly Carl Sagan and Bertrand Russell, and it just so happened that I stopped believing in the notion of a God because I realized that I was believing it just for the sake of it without any reason and that it never really mattered to me whether I believed or not.

Just want to see equal rights for everyone and nobody should be more privileged than others based on "fiction".

Shitij
Hola and welcome to the wonderful world of humanism and skepticism. It's good to see people from different parts of the country join the forums and put in their thoughts. Hope to see you on the forums!
Peace Flowers
Nick.
"It's alright, I rarely meet anyone who's able to read it properly. Although personally, I never thought that it to be an odd of a name. Once I give people the pronunciation, they tend to remember my name by easily associating me with it. A unique face, a unique moniker."
Hi Shitij, welcome to Nirmukta!
hi shitij , i am from delhi ,welcome to the forum ,we might meet soon