Hindi-English Translators needed
Well, I don't mind orchestrating it and being made the contact if anyone has any questions about it. I've done part of the second part now. The first needs some improvements from someone whose hindi is reasonably more advanced than my own smile

EDIT: For example anyone know what "Thathaghathit" means? And yes, I have no clue how it is spelled correctly in hindi.
Aditya Manthramurthy
Web Administrator & Associate Editor
Nirmukta.com
Fantastic tool... I'm joining in too gang. Will work on part 5 today.
Me in too. I will be free on wednesday (25th). Please post the status updates, will do whatever's remaining.
Murthy

"Credulity kills" -- Carl Sagan
Tathakathhit means so-called.

Prof Nayak uses that quite frequently while describing 'miracles'.

(22-Aug-2010, 12:33 AM)donatello Wrote: Well, I don't mind orchestrating it and being made the contact if anyone has any questions about it. I've done part of the second part now. The first needs some improvements from someone whose hindi is reasonably more advanced than my own smile

EDIT: For example anyone know what "Thathaghathit" means? And yes, I have no clue how it is spelled correctly in hindi.
Thanks for that egotwist. I'll make the changes.

Murthy, just visit the site, click transcribe and look at the bottom of each of the posted videos. It will say what percentage of the transcription is complete. If the video's transcription has not started, it won't show a percentage. Just use that to see the status of each video.

If any of you are really good at hindi, please look at the first one's transcription and proof read it.
Aditya Manthramurthy
Nirmukta.com
Part 5 is now complete.
(23-Aug-2010, 04:19 PM)unsorted Wrote: Part 5 is now complete.

That's awesome unsorted! Clap Thanks for the help! Thumbup
Aditya Manthramurthy
Nirmukta.com
I quite cant figure out how to extract subtitles from the video so that i can post it in youtube. Anyone?
Scratch that. Downloaded subtitles and now Part 5 has subtitles in youtube. Well done everyone. Let get the others too.
I just checked and it looks like the first segment is also done. Good job guys. Bala, since you've already done it once, do you want to upload the subs for the first section of the video on youtube?
"Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian"
~ J.B.S.Haldane, on being asked to falsify evolution.
(23-Aug-2010, 04:19 PM)unsorted Wrote: Part 5 is now complete.

Thanks man Thumbup
"Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian"
~ J.B.S.Haldane, on being asked to falsify evolution.
Part 1 subtitles uploaded on youtube. 3 more to go.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hindi films with freethought themes arvindiyer 0 3,398 10-Nov-2013, 06:18 AM
Last Post: arvindiyer