Hindi-English Translators needed
I will take up the Hindi-English translation for the videos. However, I will need guidance on how to extract sub-titles and upload to youtube.
Hey Swati. Don't worry about extracting subtitles. I'll take care of that.
(15-Sep-2010, 06:53 AM)bala Wrote: Hey Swati. Don't worry about extracting subtitles. I'll take care of that.

Okay! Such a relief. That's the main reason I wasn't volunteering earlier.

All of you're being too modest and have actually done a good job of translating the videos. I've added the missing words.

Ep.1 : Part 1 & 2 - translation complete.
Wow, great job Swati. I just did another 2.5 minutes in Part 3 (with one ???? for a dialogue I could not translate). Will try to pitch in again later.
Aditya Manthramurthy
Web Administrator & Associate Editor
Nirmukta.com
That's great, donatello. We'll be able to finish the job faster.
My Hindi is pretty good. Project leader, please notify me on which part i shall attend. Cool
Lol, we haven't much organised leadership in this matter, but the best part is its not all that critical to get the translation job done. Azad, thanks for volunteering! Perhaps you can start off on Part 4? It is still waiting to be translated: http://dotsub.com/view/acaf8521-6cba-481...9c88733806

If you have any trouble translating some parts, just set the time for that subtitle and put the text as "????" or similar. Once you are finished with one sitting of translation please post progress here, so that we can give credit later on and stay somewhat organised smile

EDIT: There's only a little left to do, and we can get this done soon. Part of part 3 and all of part 4 remain at the moment.
Aditya Manthramurthy
Nirmukta.com
Thanks for volunteering, Azad!

Swati and Donatello, great job! It looks like we may be able to finish by this weekend.

By the way, I have approached Swati to head all Hindi-English translation projects, and she has agreed. I hope that someday we have a whole team of translators for various regional languages, but the Hindi-English translation projects would still be the most important ones. I really think that Hindi-English Translator is a title that should be accorded to someone in Nirmukta, and I can't think of a better person for the role than Swati!
"Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian"
~ J.B.S.Haldane, on being asked to falsify evolution.
I will work on Part 4 today, as of now i will write the translation on Notepad until i figure out how to add it as a translation.

I will report it to Swati and take assistance from Donatello .. Over and out
Azad, check out http://nirmukta.net/Thread-Hindi-English...62#pid1762 which is a post from this thread. It has some info on how to add the translation on the dotsub site. Post back here if you need any assistance.
Aditya Manthramurthy
Nirmukta.com
I've updated part 1 and part 2 subtitles on youtube. Guys could we have the translation of the headings and text that are displayed in Hindi in between the demonstrations as well? Thanks all for the effort.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hindi films with freethought themes arvindiyer 0 3,391 10-Nov-2013, 06:18 AM
Last Post: arvindiyer