Hindi-English Translators needed
(22-Sep-2010, 11:18 AM)donatello Wrote:
(22-Sep-2010, 07:49 AM)Swati Wrote:
(21-Sep-2010, 03:45 PM)bala Wrote: I've updated part 1 and part 2 subtitles on youtube. Guys could we have the translation of the headings and text that are displayed in Hindi in between the demonstrations as well? Thanks all for the effort.

Most of the headings and text that are displayed in Hindi are the same as being spoken out by the reporter. If you still think it is necessary to add them, I'll do the needful.

If the text is appearing for quite some time on the screen and nothing is being said at the time, I think it be good to have the english version of the hindi text. It is more friendly to non-hindi speakers.

Part 1 and 2 : added translation of headings and text, including the text displayed while something else is being said. You guys decide what to keep and not.
I've kept all of this in CAPS. These could be in different fonts and colours, depending upon on what youtube allows.

I've also added a few words and sentences as they were inaudible to me earlier. Also, every time I go through the data, better synonyms and appropriate words occur to me. I can't resist tweaking the translation.
I hope this is not too much trouble for Bala.
Part 3 - translation complete. smile
[+] 1 user Likes Swati's post
Wow, this is great! Great work, Swati and Azad. I see that parts 1,2 and 5 already have subtitles on youtube. Can Donatello or Bala please upload the subs for parts 3 and 4 as well? Also, whoever is doing this can re-upload subs for parts 1 and 2 because Swati has made corrections (isn't that right, Swati?).

When the videos are ready I would like to make a post on Nirmukta. We can then promote these videos by requesting RD.net, JREF and P.Z Myers to link to them.
"Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian"
~ J.B.S.Haldane, on being asked to falsify evolution.
[+] 1 user Likes Ajita Kamal's post
(23-Sep-2010, 10:23 PM)Ajita Kamal Wrote: Wow, this is great! Great work, Swati and Azad. I see that parts 1,2 and 5 already have subtitles on youtube. Can Donatello or Bala please upload the subs for parts 3 and 4 as well? Also, whoever is doing this can re-upload subs for parts 1 and 2 because Swati has made corrections (isn't that right, Swati?).

When the videos are ready I would like to make a post on Nirmukta. We can then promote these videos by requesting RD.net, JREF and P.Z Myers to link to them.

Yes Ajita, I've made corrections in subs for parts 1 and 2.
I've to recheck part 4 before the subs can be uploaded. I'll do it by this afternoon.

Ok, Swati, just leave a post here saying that you're satisfied, and I'll upload to them all in one shot to youtube.
Aditya Manthramurthy
Web Administrator & Associate Editor
Nirmukta.com
I just uploaded all five anyway. Swati let us know if you make any changes to the subtitles and we'll upload them again on Youtube. Once you are satisfied with the subtitles, we can update on nirmukta and other places that Ajita said.
Aditya Manthramurthy
Nirmukta.com
(24-Sep-2010, 02:29 PM)donatello Wrote: I just uploaded all five anyway. Swati let us know if you make any changes to the subtitles and we'll upload them again on Youtube. Once you are satisfied with the subtitles, we can update on nirmukta and other places that Ajita said.

Oh no! Just completed part 4. The subs had to be synchronised with time line as Azad had translated them in his notepad earlier.

Please try to upload part 4 again. Thanks.

(24-Sep-2010, 05:34 PM)Swati Wrote: Oh no! Just completed part 4. The subs had to be synchronised with time line as Azad had translated them in his notepad earlier.

Please try to upload part 4 again. Thanks.

No problem. I just uploaded it again. Can we consider it finished then?
Aditya Manthramurthy
Nirmukta.com
(24-Sep-2010, 10:02 PM)donatello Wrote: No problem. I just uploaded it again. Can we consider it finished then?

Yes, thanks donatello. Thumbup

[+] 1 user Likes Swati's post
(24-Sep-2010, 10:34 PM)Swati Wrote:
(24-Sep-2010, 10:02 PM)donatello Wrote: No problem. I just uploaded it again. Can we consider it finished then?

Yes, thanks donatello. Thumbup

Clap Good job Donatello .. Swati
Rockon
Hi all! We can give ourselves a round of applause. The subtitles have gone live, and the info has been posted on the Indian Atheists, and it is going to be bumped up further on some sites abroad too! Clap
Aditya Manthramurthy
Nirmukta.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hindi films with freethought themes arvindiyer 0 3,391 10-Nov-2013, 06:18 AM
Last Post: arvindiyer