Hindu Persecution Complex
(01-Jan-2013, 11:11 AM)the_analyzer Wrote: the state should not be promoting hinduism.

But the state does promote Hinduism. So naturally hindus can not be a persecuted lot. Inspite of this state patronage hindu apologist like you claim persecution.
(01-Jan-2013, 11:31 AM)Captain Mandrake Wrote:
(01-Jan-2013, 11:11 AM)the_analyzer Wrote: the state should not be promoting hinduism.

But the state does promote Hinduism. So naturally hindus can not be a persecuted lot. Inspite of this state patronage hindu apologist like you claim persecution.

Wait, hold on. When did I claim persecution? Why are you making assumptions? In fact I am saying that the state is promoting hinduism and it SHOULD NOT. What part of that do you not understand? You seem extremely confused.
the_analyzer,

Quote:When did I claim persecution?

How about in your post below?

Quote:but when you belong to a community whose places of worship are under government regulation, but not other religions, when people of other religions get subsidies for pilgrimages, don't have blasphemy laws applied against them and so on, this is blatantly a failure of our democracy.

Ofcourse you do not use the word persecution in the post but isn't it being implied here? If not what was the point of the post in this thread?
[+] 1 user Likes Captain Mandrake's post
(01-Jan-2013, 12:34 PM)Captain Mandrake Wrote: the_analyzer,

Quote:When did I claim persecution?

How about in your post below?

Quote:but when you belong to a community whose places of worship are under government regulation, but not other religions, when people of other religions get subsidies for pilgrimages, don't have blasphemy laws applied against them and so on, this is blatantly a failure of our democracy.

Ofcourse you do not use the word persecution in the post but isn't it being implied here? If not what was the point of the post in this thread?

No. I would argue the same about France’s ban on head scarves or British airways firing an employee over a religious necklace. Secularism means not involving religious ideology in government affairs or government promotion of religion. It does not mean banning a religious symbol from private use, as in the case of these cases in Europe or government control over temple funds and operation as it pertains to India. These actions do not behoove a secular democracy. I would be equally vocal if government sponsored subsidies for tirupati or haridwar pilgrimage or took control of mosques and labeled them ‘archeological sites'.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  vegitarian diet of hindu religion and vedas. jaydcp 1 3,631 08-Jul-2013, 09:00 PM
Last Post: arvindiyer
  Gothra system: Notes on the 'Science of Genetics behind the Hindu Gothra". Ajita Kamal 9 13,528 02-Jul-2013, 12:44 PM
Last Post: shailesh
Smile Hindu temples: Environmental and ecological concerns tarun 5 7,997 24-Jun-2013, 06:43 AM
  A simple questionnaire for the Hindu apologist Lije 12 12,256 04-Jan-2013, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Captain Mandrake
  Food wastage in Hindu rituals Prahalad 9 11,371 11-Jul-2012, 06:58 AM
Last Post: Prahalad
  Hindu terrorism madhav 1 3,504 15-Apr-2012, 07:18 PM
Last Post: stupidseeker
  Abandoning Hindu customs? nick87 12 11,486 01-Jul-2011, 07:06 AM
Last Post: holyshitbatman
  Puja in the office: Hindu privilege in action unsorted 26 21,059 12-Jun-2011, 11:04 PM
  Hindu swamis and their sex scandals madhav 2 8,518 13-Sep-2010, 09:59 AM
Last Post: madhav
  When atheists hide behind the facade of science - The great Hindu Sajit 3 7,456 02-Sep-2010, 08:21 PM
Last Post: nastikashiromani