Hitchens back after months!
Video 
Just dropped in to say, the champion of New atheism movement is back.
Hitchens in Texas.
"The method of science is tried and true. It is not perfect, it's just the best we have. And to abandon it with its skeptical protocols is the pathway to a dark age." -Carl Sagan
[+] 2 users Like praty's post
Thank science! He looks much better tha he did a couple of months ago. One of my biggest regrets is not meeting the man when I lived in the US. The one time I was booked to see him he cancelled because of health reasons. I am really happy that he's healthy enough to walk about and talk to people again.
"Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian"
~ J.B.S.Haldane, on being asked to falsify evolution.
[+] 1 user Likes Ajita Kamal's post
@Ajita: You were actually going to MEET Hitchens?! How did you manage that awesome feat? You're so lucky, you know that? Sad

Anyway for the time being, do check out his latest collection of essays: Arguably.
I have a copy of it and I've already read the first essay about the Founding Fathers and their doubts about religion.

Glad that Hitchens is up and about- he is our most loved anti-theist Happydance
"It's alright, I rarely meet anyone who's able to read it properly. Although personally, I never thought that it to be an odd of a name. Once I give people the pronunciation, they tend to remember my name by easily associating me with it. A unique face, a unique moniker."
I'm waiting for the video of his acceptance speech to show up.

He gave a 15 minute answer to a 8 year old girl's question on what books she should read. He included Dawkins' Magic of Reality, A Tale of two Cities and more.
Wanna see!!
"The method of science is tried and true. It is not perfect, it's just the best we have. And to abandon it with its skeptical protocols is the pathway to a dark age." -Carl Sagan
Here is it! In shards, but seeing him speak does it!

Acceptance Speech

Answering a question

BONUS: Dawkins
[+] 1 user Likes praty's post
(10-Oct-2011, 06:54 PM)praty Wrote: He gave a 15 minute answer to a 8 year old girl's question on what books she should read. He included Dawkins' Magic of Reality, A Tale of two Cities and more.
Wanna see!!

Here is a report on that heart-warming incident:
http://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com/...ding-list/