Current time: 20-04-2014, 11:53 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

I'm here with a purpose :)
john730 Offline
Nirmukt Noobie

Likes Given: 0

Wink I'm here with a purpose :)

Hello Everyone

I was born a christian and now a free mammal smile. I graduated from BITS-Pilani and now I'm off to study at the Indian School of Business (ISB)

As glad as I am in discovering this community page, I also kick myself for joining so late. Glad to see a lot of people in here.

To be honest, my unashamed intention of joining this community is to find a girl who I can relate to. I am usually very reluctant when it comes to meeting people online, but I thought I'll give it a shot here. smile

Wish you all a bright future and a very happy life. And lets hope all our families throw their religious beliefs in garbage too. smile

John
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
nick87 Offline
Nirmukt Centurion

Likes Given: 30

RE: I'm here with a purpose :)

Quote:To be honest, my unashamed intention of joining this community is to find a girl who I can relate to. I am usually very reluctant when it comes to meeting people online, but I thought I'll give it a shot here.

Ohh Ohmy

Welcome aboard John! Do consider posting and contributing to the threads and helping us help others to develop critical and unbiased thinking while on your intrepid journey to finding that oh-so-special girl.
All the best! Thumbup

"It's alright, I rarely meet anyone who's able to read it properly. Although personally, I never thought that it to be an odd of a name. Once I give people the pronunciation, they tend to remember my name by easily associating me with it. A unique face, a unique moniker."
john730 Offline
Nirmukt Noobie

(18-03-2012 02:53 PM)nick87 Wrote:  
Quote:To be honest, my unashamed intention of joining this community is to find a girl who I can relate to. I am usually very reluctant when it comes to meeting people online, but I thought I'll give it a shot here.

Ohh Ohmy

Welcome aboard John! Do consider posting and contributing to the threads and helping us help others to develop critical and unbiased thinking while on your intrepid journey to finding that oh-so-special girl.
All the best! Thumbup

Thanks.. I'm a hardened atheist.. Have read every word of Hitch. So I'm past that 'reason-it-to-myself-and-others' phase.. But I'll surely help contribute to the forum.. I'm still reluctant to open up to my family: they are very religious. My aunt is a nun and I'm very close to her. So naturally there is a fear of losing loved ones. I'm sure a lot of us in here will be going through such dilemmas.
nick87 Offline
Nirmukt Centurion

Likes Given: 30

The Hitch. Punk
RESPECT.

"It's alright, I rarely meet anyone who's able to read it properly. Although personally, I never thought that it to be an odd of a name. Once I give people the pronunciation, they tend to remember my name by easily associating me with it. A unique face, a unique moniker."
anniyan Offline
Addicted to Freethought

Likes Given: 2

(18-03-2012 11:32 PM)john730 Wrote:  I'm still reluctant to open up to my family: they are very religious. My aunt is a nun and I'm very close to her. So naturally there is a fear of losing loved ones. I'm sure a lot of us in here will be going through such dilemmas.

I am going through the very same thing with MY family. Although, I have opened up to my elder brother and sister-in-law. Even though they don't seem to support my decision, they seem to ignore it and very rarely bug me with religious matters. Someday, I am hoping it will improve and they will also want to see the truth like me.

The easiest answer to a difficult question is almost always not the right one.
starstuff Offline
Nirmukt Noobie

Hi John, welcome! I'm a newbie here myself and I also have the same intention and religious background as you. I too am unashamedly patrolling the web for a mate Biggrin I hope darwinian laws don't kick in as we scour for the needle in the haystack!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)