INTRODUCTION
Hello folks
my name is Priyank singh rajput
i am an atheist and deeply interested in social services
since i am new here i would like to know what you people here are interested in
and if we share some common thoughts we should have a casual meeting(for kolkata folks)
hoping to read from you all soon
Welcome on board mate,i am sure you'd love the threads here, if you are willing to meet up with fellow atheists , you should also start an introductory thread at fb group too, and encourage other members to meet up for some reason our kolkotta group isn't as active, btw, you told me in PM that
Quote: i am researching this topic from 2.5 years
can you tell us more about it?
(08-Oct-2011, 11:53 AM)LMC Wrote: Welcome on board mate,i am sure you'd love the threads here, if you are willing to meet up with fellow atheists , you should also start an introductory thread at fb group too, and encourage other members to meet up for some reason our kolkotta group isn't as active, btw, you told me in PM that
Quote: i am researching this topic from 2.5 years
can you tell us more about it?

my pleasure smile
i actually started thinking about religion 2.5 years ago when i watched a documentary "Zeitgeist".
i also recommend all of u to watch first 40 minutes of this documentary....its available on youtube.
then i started researching about religion and soon became a fan of Mr.Dawkins.
i came across many striking similarities b/w religions from diff regions indicating a commom origin point for all of them.
ive also read biographies of many great personalities and came to knw that most of them never believed in existence of any kind
of super natural thing .
i am still deeply intrested in discussing about this particular topic and sharing my views and findings.
i will b posting regularly. this is the first indian website that i came across.
i am a registered member of http://www.thethinkingatheist.com
i strongly recommend all of u to register there also.
here is the link of a video from that website watch it its just a 3 min video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM5n8jESU...er_embedde
(08-Oct-2011, 04:10 AM)Priyank Singh Rajput Wrote: Hello folks
my name is Priyank singh rajput
i am an atheist and deeply interested in social services
since i am new here i would like to know what you people here are interested in
and if we share some common thoughts we should have a casual meeting(for kolkata folks)
hoping to read from you all soon

Welcome aboard, Priyank smile

Glad to see that you're interested in organizing stuff on the ground, and combining rationality and social activism is part of our stated purpose! Please do check out our fb groups for previous events held in Bangalore, Delhi and Chennai, and the upcoming Eye donation camp in Mumbai.

If you do start an event and get involved in organizing things, we can promote it on the website and through our social networks.
"Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian"
~ J.B.S.Haldane, on being asked to falsify evolution.
hey priyank you might wanna check out, http://conspiracies.skepticproject.com/a...-movement/ we had a discussion about zeitgist in our forums here http://nirmukta.net/Thread-The-Zeitgeist-movement-video

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introduction dabaang303 0 1,667 10-Oct-2015, 10:59 PM
Last Post: dabaang303
  Um hi? ......Introduction posts are always so awkward... Anuj Menon 12 9,142 08-Jun-2015, 06:25 PM
Last Post: sumi1996
  introduction RamanshuPSingh 1 1,808 08-Jun-2015, 06:21 PM
Last Post: sumi1996
  INTRODUCTION rndas 0 1,811 22-Mar-2015, 05:31 PM
Last Post: rndas
  Introduction mandar 0 1,825 17-Mar-2015, 11:21 AM
Last Post: mandar
Music Introduction prishetty 0 2,096 25-Jun-2014, 02:02 PM
Last Post: prishetty
Big Grin A comprehensive introduction Aaq 4 3,520 14-Feb-2012, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Aaq
  Introduction Shekhar 7 5,709 22-Jun-2011, 11:20 AM