Interested in joining the Nirmukta team? Apply here!
Hello Freethinkers!

Nirmukta has been promoting science and freethought in India for the past 2 years now, mostly through online activism. The main site, Nirmukta.com, the forums at nirmukta.net, and the atheist activism arm of Nirmukta, Indian Atheists, have all been successful in bringing together a large and diverse community of Freethinkers online. But there is a lot more we can accomplish, with your help!

Nirmukta is in the process of putting together a comprehensive formal list of coordinators, and there's room for you!

Nirmukta is looking for motivated freethinkers with a passion for science and a skeptical outlook, to join our team and help promote freethinking, science and reason in India. Specifically, we need webmasters, admins, writers, editors, designers, developers and anyone else who can help with technical issues online.

If interested, please reply to this thread with how you are interested in helping out.

Thank you for supporting Science and Freethought in India!

[Adapted from Ajita's mail to the Nirmukta FB group]
Aditya Manthramurthy
Web Administrator & Associate Editor
Nirmukta.com
I can help out with website maintenance / development if needed (I've a decent repo of php/mysql, but probably needs a refresher). I can help with other stuff that just needs time too (especially stuff to do with promotion, organizing and such)! I'm not really into writing anything concrete yet (i'm still a little jumbled mess). But I'll try writing something a little later perhaps, but reviews and other work I can help with.

[Edit] Added more information for others smile.
Hey Donatello,

This is Ron from your college batch. I was introduced to this forum by MohanKarthik. I am free enough to help with any admin stuff. On the development side, this website seems too advanced for my knowledge of PHP, but I can try that too if given a chance.
Hello,
I am Anastasia and I am a new member. I would like to help the Nirmukta team as a designer. I only have some experience, but I enjoy volunteering and I want to support the cause of Nirmukta in anyway.
donatello,

Add me to the list please! Stuff I can do: techie work (know some PHP-MySQL), but I'd prefer to do editing and writing work. I'm also happy to proof-read articles.
I love to be part of moment, but I'm poor in Web-development and live other side of world, Please do let me know, is there anything i can do...

Peace
Hi all! Thanks for volunteering to contribute!

Among the many things we would like to do, is to enhance these forums and make it even more attractive! New banners, logo artwork, and some PHP scripting are all needed. I've finally got a testing framework ready to begin our efforts. Please PM me if you would like to participate in this effort or if you have any questions. I will let you know the details of the testing framework and how we can work together.
Aditya Manthramurthy
Web Administrator & Associate Editor
Nirmukta.com
Hello everyone,

The Freethought Media Network section on the forums plays an important role in the operations of Nirmukta and its affiliates such as Indian Atheists. This section is used by a core team of Nirmukta members who plan and execute various projects involving promoting freethought online. The work done by the team include website building and maintenance, social media outreach (facebook, twitter), audio and video, and plans to branch off into TV and print publishing sometime in the future. It has been a busy couple of months since we initiated this section and we have made much progress. The sensitive nature of most of the planning requires that the section be kept password-protected. Nevertheless, we need every one of those who can contribute to the effort of fighting religion and promoting science to be able to access these forums and participate in the planning.

The list of members of the Freethought Media Network, who currently are the only ones with the password to the FMN section of the forums, is as follows:

Bala Bhaskar
Lije Baley
Rakshi Rath
Aditya Manthramurthy
Sundeep Peswani
Siddharth Singh
Swati Naik
Jennifer Michelle Barretto
Dolly S Koshy
Murthy Avn
Debayan Sinharoy
Sri Harsha Dandibhotla
Ajita Kamal

Many of the members of this team have been working tirelessly to bring together the community and maintain the online infrastructure. However, there always comes a time when new members must be welcomed and those not keen on carrying on must leave. In light of this, we are initiating a password-change.

Those of you who have shown interest in being part of the team will receive the password. If you are not already a member, but have interacted with the group on the forums and/or on facebook, you are eligible to join the core team. Just leave a reply on this thread and let us know what if any skills you bring to Nirmukta.

We look forward to adding new members to the Nirmukta core team, but please keep in mind that if you are completely new to the group and have not participated much you will have to be vetted by the other members. I look forward to meeting other freethinkers from India and in working together to promote science and freethought!

Note: If you have already emailed or messaged me on facebook, you don't have to reply here again. We will be posting a list soon for you to check to make sure we haven't missed you.

[Image: nirmukta.png]

"Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian"
~ J.B.S.Haldane, on being asked to falsify evolution.
[+] 1 user Likes Ajita Kamal's post
The following members will have access to the FMN section of the forums.

Siddharth Singh
Aditya Manthramurthy
Dolly S Koshy
Sundeep Peswani
Bala Bhaskar
Jennifer Michelle Barretto
Swati Naik
Lije Baley

The new password will be decided upon this coming Sunday and will go into effect starting Monday, October 16th, 2010. The list is still open and if you're interested please leave a reply on this thread. Please be descriptive about how you can contribute and why you think you should be on the FMN team.
"Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian"
~ J.B.S.Haldane, on being asked to falsify evolution.
Hi Ajita, please send me the password too.
Murthy

"Credulity kills" -- Carl Sagan
Hi,

I would like to join the team myself. i have already posted in a thread listing for software developers. But other than that i can also help in the activities. i am from Jaipur and would like to see some movement here. Please let me know how can i initiate/proceed.

Regards
Mohit
I too am interested and Gayathri Iyer can vouch for me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Saturday Evening Nirmukta Hangout Sessions (SENHS) Ajita Kamal 6 6,493 13-Feb-2012, 03:05 AM
Last Post: LMC
Star Announcing the nirmukta facebook page and 4 new subject specific groups LMC 0 3,483 08-Dec-2011, 05:14 PM
Last Post: LMC
  Nirmukta Email Lists donatello 0 3,693 22-Aug-2011, 12:22 AM
Last Post: donatello
Star New National Coordinator and Nirmukta Advisory Board Ajita Kamal 0 3,228 03-May-2010, 03:12 PM
Last Post: Ajita Kamal