Introduction
Hello all. My name isn't really Nick, but that is my nickname since school and so I'll just go along with that for now.
I live in Chennai and I've been an atheist since I was 14. Nine years on, I find that is the most liberating decision I have made and it set me on a path of self discovery and inquiry and helped me understand the world through reason and understanding as opposed to blind faith and dogma.
As an ex-Hindu, this wasn't a particularly difficult or dangerous thing to do and my parents are supportive, though not very. I hope to have good, intelligent discussions with all the lovely free-thinkers,agnostics and skeptics here and I'm glad to have met your acquaintance.
Cheers,
Nick.
"It's alright, I rarely meet anyone who's able to read it properly. Although personally, I never thought that it to be an odd of a name. Once I give people the pronunciation, they tend to remember my name by easily associating me with it. A unique face, a unique moniker."
Hi Nick, welcome aboard! Thumbup
"Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian"
~ J.B.S.Haldane, on being asked to falsify evolution.
welcome to the forum nick Punk you might also want to check out our regional facbook group for chennai
Welcome Nick. I like the descriptor "lovely free-thinkers". smile
Hi Nick,

Nice to meet you smile
(18-Jun-2011, 07:45 PM)nick87 Wrote: Hello all. My name isn't really Nick, but that is my nickname since school and so I'll just go along with that for now.
I live in Chennai and I've been an atheist since I was 14. Nine years on, I find that is the most liberating decision I have made and it set me on a path of self discovery and inquiry and helped me understand the world through reason and understanding as opposed to blind faith and dogma.
As an ex-Hindu, this wasn't a particularly difficult or dangerous thing to do and my parents are supportive, though not very. I hope to have good, intelligent discussions with all the lovely free-thinkers,agnostics and skeptics here and I'm glad to have met your acquaintance.
Cheers,
Nick.

(19-Jun-2011, 12:30 AM)lalitmohanchawla Wrote: welcome to the forum nick Punk you might also want to check out our regional facbook group for chennai

I'm not on Facebook anymore, but thanks for pointing that out.
"It's alright, I rarely meet anyone who's able to read it properly. Although personally, I never thought that it to be an odd of a name. Once I give people the pronunciation, they tend to remember my name by easily associating me with it. A unique face, a unique moniker."
Welcome!
(19-Jun-2011, 11:30 AM)nick87 Wrote:
(19-Jun-2011, 12:30 AM)lalitmohanchawla Wrote: welcome to the forum nick Punk you might also want to check out our regional facbook group for chennai

I'm not on Facebook anymore, but thanks for pointing that out.

There are few others from Chennai here. Perhaps if you said hello over at the Chennai forum, you can get to know some of them and stay in the loop about any local freethought events and meetings that may be planned.
"Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian"
~ J.B.S.Haldane, on being asked to falsify evolution.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introduction dabaang303 0 1,308 10-Oct-2015, 10:59 PM
Last Post: dabaang303
  Um hi? ......Introduction posts are always so awkward... Anuj Menon 12 8,014 08-Jun-2015, 06:25 PM
Last Post: sumi1996
  introduction RamanshuPSingh 1 1,501 08-Jun-2015, 06:21 PM
Last Post: sumi1996
  INTRODUCTION rndas 0 1,552 22-Mar-2015, 05:31 PM
Last Post: rndas
  Introduction mandar 0 1,587 17-Mar-2015, 11:21 AM
Last Post: mandar
Music Introduction prishetty 0 1,866 25-Jun-2014, 02:02 PM
Last Post: prishetty
Big Grin A comprehensive introduction Aaq 4 3,099 14-Feb-2012, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Aaq
  INTRODUCTION Priyank Singh Rajput 4 3,229 08-Oct-2011, 07:24 PM