Introduction / Welcome
Hello Friends,

We started this thread to see, who belongs Hyderabad/Andhra pradesh..

As far as i know, Andhra pradesh is most superstitious state in India, We have generated two icon figures of 21st century,

1) Kalki baghavan

2) Satya sai baba

Please introduce yourself below, maybe we can work something together.

Myself

Kapil Ayyawar
Manufacturing Application Engineer
Evansville, In
USA.

(05-Nov-2010, 01:29 AM)ayyawar Wrote: Hello Friends,

As far as i know, Andhra pradesh is most superstitious state in India, We have generated two icon figures of 21st century,

1) Kalki baghavan

2) Satya sai baba

Please introduce yourself below, maybe we can work something together.

Myself

Kapil Ayyawar
Manufacturing Application Engineer
Evansville, In
USA.

Hi Kapil

yela unnaru? Hi I am Murthy (more about me on my FB page: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/prof...=530991706 ) .

I am from bangalore but Hyd is second home to me. Yes, I agree idolism and blind belief are acute problems in AP, but it is pretty bad elsewhere too.

Am not in AP but hope you gather more people. Glad to help if need be.

Murthy

Murthy

"Credulity kills" -- Carl Sagan
Hey. I don't stay in Hyderabad, but I have lived there for around 8 years in the past. I love the city more than any other in India.

Interesting fact: before independence, the British empire had official positions called "Bhanamati inspectors" in AP whose work was to deal with "supernatural occurrences".
(06-Nov-2010, 08:55 AM)siddharth Wrote: Interesting fact: before independence, the British empire had official positions called "Bhanamati inspectors" in AP whose work was to deal with "supernatural occurrences".

From what I hear, belief in banamati is still strong in the villages. People who are suspected of it are beat up and occasionally lynched and that is when it gets into the news media.

As far as i know, Andhra pradesh is most superstitious state in India

I would seriously disagree as Andhra has produced some of the most brilliant rational people in the country of India as far as I am concerned. For example, there are people like Gora, who are among the foremost atheists in India. Apart from that, there are people from Telangana, who are questioning the basic concept of India as a secular "democratic" state by demanding a separate Telangana. This is, as as far as I am concerned, as major breakthrough in "freethought" in so much as freethought constitutes a break with traditional (state-propagated) thinking. As some Marxists would say, India is a Prisonhouse of Nationalities and it is good to see people questioning that norm.
Also, welcome, by the way.
(07-Nov-2010, 07:05 AM)madhav Wrote:

As far as i know, Andhra pradesh is most superstitious state in India

I would seriously disagree as Andhra has produced some of the most brilliant rational people in the country of India as far as I am concerned. For example, there are people like Gora, who are among the foremost atheists in India. Apart from that, there are people from Telangana, who are questioning the basic concept of India as a secular "democratic" state by demanding a separate Telangana. This is, as as far as I am concerned, as major breakthrough in "freethought" in so much as freethought constitutes a break with traditional (state-propagated) thinking. As some Marxists would say, India is a Prisonhouse of Nationalities and it is good to see people questioning that norm.

LOL, We don't have to argue on that point, Both statements could be true at same time, I Wouldn't worry about it,

Glad to see some replays, But from my knowledge, we have lot of atheists.

I am just wondering, maybe we can start some localized group, were we can discuss current issues running in state and some camping methods.

We need collect everyone,

Do you have any ideas?

I was born and brought up in Hyderabad -- till my Intermediate. Am now settled in Bangalore. Am of Kannada/Marathi descent, but studied Telugu till 10th standard and am part of 'Gult Gangs' @ college and work smile Would love to see some action in Hyderabad.
hi ppl
i am chetan anand find me at http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1112319684
even i am from hyderabad
nice to meet u all
(18-Jan-2011, 09:08 PM)docuhn Wrote: hi ppl
i am chetan anand find me at http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1112319684
even i am from hyderabad
nice to meet u all

Welcome to Nirmukta, Chetan!