Is it possible to experience something in dreams that we haven't experienced before?
Question 
Hi Friends,

I am posting some questions which have been bothering me for some time.

I have heard some people saying they are "Spiritual Scientists". They talk about the Technology of spirituality. The things which they say are
1. By doing meditation and pranayama(a breathing exercise) for a considerable amount of time(no one specifies time, say that it depend on the individual), the pituitary gland gets more energy and this leads to activation of Third Eye.
2. Through third eye we can visit places which we have not known during our life till now, and also the places which we cant travel to(like inside of sun and an atom). They say that it will be like a dream.

My question is " Is it possible to see or experience something through dreams which we have never seen or experienced in our lives?
if not is our brain capable of creating new things from the past experiences(in the present life, i don't believe in past life) so that we see them as new things?"

I knew a doctor working in a Psychiatry department. When asked he told me that unless we experience an object in real life, it is not possible to see them in dreams. Even when i am dreaming in my sleep, i have tried to explore objects which i have never seen till my current stage of life. Every time one thing surely happens. When i am about to explore something which i have not seen, i would be waken up smile

Please shed some light on this topic.
The shenanigans of "Spiritual Scientists" have been addressed over various threads in the Pseudoscience and Superstition forum.

But leaving out hackneyed explanations like third eye, the question "Is it possible to see or experience something through dreams which we have never seen or experienced in our lives?" is indeed interesting.

I will move this thread to the Natural Sciences forum and also give it an appropriate title. Hope you don't mind.
(05-Dec-2011, 05:56 PM)Lije Wrote: The shenanigans of "Spiritual Scientists" have been addressed over various threads in the Pseudoscience and Superstition forum.

But leaving out hackneyed explanations like third eye, the question "Is it possible to see or experience something through dreams which we have never seen or experienced in our lives?" is indeed interesting.

I will move this thread to the Natural Sciences forum and also give it an appropriate title. Hope you don't mind.

No problem at all smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Neuro State: The God Experience Cityboy 33 14,690 05-Mar-2013, 05:09 AM
Last Post: MeltedFlame