Kundali and Match fixing
Ah, this. I get it. Being a casteism apologist isn't cool. Nope.
Last month, i was watching "swayamwara" on asianet suvarna kannada channel.
A boy met girl, both liked each other very much.
Boy's relative and girl's relative liked each other and the couple.
This stupid program then consulted an astrologer. He says they cannot get married because Jupiter doesn't like mars ... she was born when moon was in bad place ..... blah blah blah.
He was the villain of that episode just like in a typical romantic Indian movie.
Then the girl started crying followed by girl's relative.
Then boy started crying and then boy's relative.
Then host cries. Boy and girl doesn't want to get separated, but still afraid to marry.
They didn't show the stupid astrologer face again.

I was just stunned at all this. It was a pathetic reality show. I would have been happy if they challenged the astrologer against the beliefs and got married. They don't have guts to do that, thanks to the unnecessary fear created by this ass-troll-allergy.
I will not be able to marry a guy who doesn't eat meat. Because when I cook, I will have to cook VEGETABLES!!! YUCK!! Who cares about love, respect, togetherness and similarities. WE HAVE DIFFERENT TASTES IN FOOD AND THEREFORE WE CAN NEVER BE TOGETHER!!!
LOLOLOLOLOL. Actually NO!
I refuse to acknowledge a caste system let alone have a discussion about how the caste system makes it easier to find a compatible parter. How does the irrational exclusion of large groups of eligible people make your chances of finding a match any better?!!! THERE IS SUCH A THING AS MATHEMATICS AND PROBABILITY!!!!
I'm pretty much fuming right now.
(23-Aug-2010, 09:27 AM)Ajita Kamal Wrote:
(23-Aug-2010, 01:46 AM)ayyawar Wrote:
(23-Aug-2010, 01:02 AM)Ajita Kamal Wrote: Scientists are always arguing and attacking views that they do not agree with. This is called the quest for knowledge, among people who care about the truth. It is religious moderates who are unable to see that some ideas deserve no respect.

Hey Kamal, I'm seriously sorry about entire mess!! It doesn't had to lead that way!! I admit mistake is mine..

I totally agree there difference between Criticism of ideas and criticism of people.. I'll defiantly work on it.

once upon a time i was victim of huge religious stress and guilt cycle.

I deeply apologize for everything.. I'm sorry for taking things personal!!

Lets just discuss ideas, and fight ideas!!
We are building a community of freethinkers here, and there are many hurdles that have to be crossed to make this work. You are here arguing against people who have put in a lot of time and energy into this community. Please respect us as people, and you will be respected and welcomed with open arms. We need all kinds of freethinkers from India to work together to build our movement. But there will always be people, both religious and not, who are more of an impediment to our goals. I hope that you will not be one of those.

I'm very glad to have resolved this in a friendly way, Ayyawar! I hope the arguments in this thread have convinced you that in a progressive and scientifically-literate society there is no moral reason for the caste system to exist. Of course, problem is that such a society doesn't exist yet. That is what we are trying to create! smile

(23-Aug-2010, 09:27 AM)Ajita Kamal Wrote:
(23-Aug-2010, 01:46 AM)ayyawar Wrote:
(23-Aug-2010, 01:02 AM)Ajita Kamal Wrote: Scientists are always arguing and attacking views that they do not agree with. This is called the quest for knowledge, among people who care about the truth. It is religious moderates who are unable to see that some ideas deserve no respect.

Hey Kamal, I'm seriously sorry about entire mess!! It doesn't had to lead that way!! I admit mistake is mine..

I totally agree there difference between Criticism of ideas and criticism of people.. I'll defiantly work on it.

once upon a time i was victim of huge religious stress and guilt cycle.

I deeply apologize for everything.. I'm sorry for taking things personal!!

Lets just discuss ideas, and fight ideas!!
We are building a community of freethinkers here, and there are many hurdles that have to be crossed to make this work. You are here arguing against people who have put in a lot of time and energy into this community. Please respect us as people, and you will be respected and welcomed with open arms. We need all kinds of freethinkers from India to work together to build our movement. But there will always be people, both religious and not, who are more of an impediment to our goals. I hope that you will not be one of those.

"Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian"
~ J.B.S.Haldane, on being asked to falsify evolution.
Yep, I'm really Glad too.. LOL, I would like to have beer wt u sometime ;).
I totally agree Cast system is another from of discrimination of person to person!!!

Let hope for it smile
(27-Aug-2010, 02:17 AM)ayyawar Wrote: Yep, I'm really Glad too.. LOL, I would like to have beer wt u sometime ;).
I totally agree Cast system is another from of discrimination of person to person!!!

Let hope for it smile
Thumbup

Good to see you around, Ayyawar smile
[Thumbup

Punk

Murthy

"Credulity kills" -- Carl Sagan