Magical properties of water
I thought homeopathy was the only quack discipline which believes in non-existent magical properties of water. But recently I came across this site:

Quote:Water is a very malleable substance. Its physical shape easily adapts to whatever environment is present. But its physical appearance is not the only thing that changes, the molecular shape also changes. The energy or vibrations of the environment will change the molecular shape of water. In this sense water not only has the ability to visually reflect the environment but it also molecularly reflects the environment.

Mr. Emoto has been visually documenting these molecular changes in water by means of his photographic techniques. He freezes droplets of water and then examines them under a dark field microscope that has photographic capabilities.

His work clearly demonstrates the diversity of the molecular structure of water and the effect of the environment upon the structure of the water.

Quote:After seeing water react to different environmental conditions, pollution and music, Mr. Emoto and colleagues decided to see how thoughts and words affected the formation of untreated, distilled, water crystals, using words typed onto paper by a word processor and taped on glass bottles overnight.

The same procedure was performed using the names of deceased persons. The waters were then frozen and photographed.

Quote:Energized water has had its molecules returned to their original life-giving, super moisturizing state. This allows maximum moisture absorption into the cells of your body, pets and plants; a major key to healing, and the maintenance of health and vitality.

Dr. Emoto has revealed to the world the power of water's vibration. Take the next step and bring this transformation into your life and into your part of the world by naturally structuring your water.

I wouldn't have given this much thought, but I came across a blog in our company intranet where someone was offering the above arguments as proof of the efficacy of prayer. Apparently there is a huge quack industry around water.
(19-Apr-2010, 09:37 PM)Lije Wrote: I thought homeopathy was the only quack discipline which believes in non-existent magical properties of water. But recently I came across this site:

Quote:Water is a very malleable substance. Its physical shape easily adapts to whatever environment is present. But its physical appearance is not the only thing that changes, the molecular shape also changes. The energy or vibrations of the environment will change the molecular shape of water. In this sense water not only has the ability to visually reflect the environment but it also molecularly reflects the environment.

Mr. Emoto has been visually documenting these molecular changes in water by means of his photographic techniques. He freezes droplets of water and then examines them under a dark field microscope that has photographic capabilities.

His work clearly demonstrates the diversity of the molecular structure of water and the effect of the environment upon the structure of the water.

Quote:After seeing water react to different environmental conditions, pollution and music, Mr. Emoto and colleagues decided to see how thoughts and words affected the formation of untreated, distilled, water crystals, using words typed onto paper by a word processor and taped on glass bottles overnight.

The same procedure was performed using the names of deceased persons. The waters were then frozen and photographed.

Quote:Energized water has had its molecules returned to their original life-giving, super moisturizing state. This allows maximum moisture absorption into the cells of your body, pets and plants; a major key to healing, and the maintenance of health and vitality.

Dr. Emoto has revealed to the world the power of water's vibration. Take the next step and bring this transformation into your life and into your part of the world by naturally structuring your water.

I wouldn't have given this much thought, but I came across a blog in our company intranet where someone was offering the above arguments as proof of the efficacy of prayer. Apparently there is a huge quack industry around water.

Dr. Emoto and his made in Japan BS is ridiculous. Some one had sent me an email forward on the same BS. Thanks for the link on the quackery industry of water. I recall seeing the "Manikchand" brand of bottled water claiming 300 percent oxygen content. Guess we will need gills to use that oxygen!
(19-Apr-2010, 11:26 PM)Sajit Wrote: I recall seeing the "Manikchand" brand of bottled water claiming 300 percent oxygen content. Guess we will need gills to use that oxygen!

I would point that out everytime I see an advertisement only if people didn't go "tu tere science wale funde apne paas rakh" on my ass all the time.

On the topic, even though I'd seen Dr. Emoto's demonstrations about the different structures, I just thought he was naming them himself on their appearances. Now I read this, what a quack. What's more important though, are there any such claims in India? I'm pretty sure there must be some.
(23-Apr-2010, 07:17 AM)iconoclastmolotov Wrote: What's more important though, are there any such claims in India? I'm pretty sure there must be some.

There are many such claims in Hinduism. One thing on top of my head is taking a dip in a river to cleanse your soul (Even if the river is a putrid cesspool of virulent bacteria).
This thread has been moved to the newly created 'Pseudoscience' forum. Thanks to Sajith for the idea for this forum.
"Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian"
~ J.B.S.Haldane, on being asked to falsify evolution.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Power Water bobbykrishna 1 2,168 07-Oct-2010, 12:08 AM
Last Post: donatello