Meeting up at the World Atheist Conference
Hi All,

Wanted to check how many of you are planning to attend the 8th World Atheist Conference Jan 7-9th, 2011 at Trichy. It will be great to meet up in person.

I am attending all three days.

Cheers,
-Pankaj
[+] 1 user Likes PankajKulkarni's post
I am not sure if I can get away on Friday (7th), but I should be around on 8th and 9th.
Aditya Manthramurthy
Web Administrator & Associate Editor
Nirmukta.com
This event sounds like so much fun! I wish I could be there Sad

"Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian"
~ J.B.S.Haldane, on being asked to falsify evolution.
To make it easier for Nirmukta folks to identify each other at the conference, I suggest we all wear T-shirts with the Nirmukta logo printed. I'm expecting hundreds of freethinkers at the Trichy conference, so it might be difficult to identify each other -- though we interact online.

Another advantage of the logo on the T-shirt is that freethinkers who are not yet aware of Nirmukta can also join the online community.

There are places like Printo/Myntra.com where we can get a customized T-shirt published in a day or two. I am planning to get a white collared T-shirt with the Nirmukta logo printed on the back and front (might cost around Rs 500 approx). If there is more interest, we can do a more coorindated effort.

a) Come up with a catchy slogan targeting the audience of the conference.
b) Come up with a specialized logo for the conference.
c) If we wish all Nirmukta folks to wear similar T-shirts, someone (maybe me) can coordinate and buy for all attendees and distribute/get reimbursed at the conference.
d) We can also do a Nirmukta drinks and dinner on one of the conference evenings to get to know each other better.

All of this assumes we have a decent sized crowd showing for the conference. People, please respond to this thread and give more ideas...

Thanks a bunch.
[+] 1 user Likes PankajKulkarni's post
(19-Dec-2010, 07:00 PM)PankajKulkarni Wrote: b) Come up with a specialized logo for the conference.
I've requested Bala (seabala, designer of the Indian Atheists logo and various variations of the Nirmukta logo).

Thanks, Ajita.
Don't mention it, Pankaj. I am very excited about this idea. Bala has replied saying that he is away from civilization at the moment but will get back to us on Friday. I've asked him to directly get in touch with you. Hopefully we can get the prints made by the end of the year, and hopefully they will be received by everyone before the 7th.

(19-Dec-2010, 07:00 PM)PankajKulkarni Wrote: To make it easier for Nirmukta folks to identify each other at the conference, I suggest we all wear T-shirts with the Nirmukta logo printed. I'm expecting hundreds of freethinkers at the Trichy conference, so it might be difficult to identify each other -- though we interact online.

Another advantage of the logo on the T-shirt is that freethinkers who are not yet aware of Nirmukta can also join the online community.

There are places like Printo/Myntra.com where we can get a customized T-shirt published in a day or two. I am planning to get a white collared T-shirt with the Nirmukta logo printed on the back and front (might cost around Rs 500 approx). If there is more interest, we can do a more coorindated effort.

a) Come up with a catchy slogan targeting the audience of the conference.
b) Come up with a specialized logo for the conference.
c) If we wish all Nirmukta folks to wear similar T-shirts, someone (maybe me) can coordinate and buy for all attendees and distribute/get reimbursed at the conference.
d) We can also do a Nirmukta drinks and dinner on one of the conference evenings to get to know each other better.

All of this assumes we have a decent sized crowd showing for the conference. People, please respond to this thread and give more ideas...

Thanks a bunch.

I am attending the conference. I like the idea and will like to wear the T-Shirt. Can you please arrange one for me.
[+] 1 user Likes anupamsingh.as's post
Will be there on the evening of the 6th. Going back to Mangalore on the 10th. Am one of the speakers.
(21-Dec-2010, 11:14 PM)anupamsingh.as Wrote: I am attending the conference. I like the idea and will like to wear the T-Shirt. Can you please arrange one for me.

Sure. Will do. What is your size?

@Pankaj:

Please let us know what will be the modus operandi to get the Ts printed. So will you finalize the design in consultation with Bala and then float it online for people to print it?

Or for bangalore people, should we print it and distribute. Latter option is convenient for people but an ill posed problem for those taking charge (collection of money, printing, shirt sizes, distribution). So the first option looks good. I have had some past experience in coordinating to get T shirts done and it becomes a mess.

@ Nirmukta Bangalore people

Even I am not available on 7th Jan. I will be leaving on 7th evening for trichy. If you would like to tag along (I could do with some company Thumbup ), please either reply here or send me a mail at murthy.mail@gmail.com and we can book bus/train tickets for 7th now.
Murthy

"Credulity kills" -- Carl Sagan
@murthy +1
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams

http://dsriharsha.blogspot.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dating and commitment, the atheist way. palaeo 17 15,483 14-May-2013, 12:07 PM
Last Post: dharitrimdatar
  Nirmukta featured on The Friendly Atheist nick87 1 2,786 13-Jun-2012, 07:51 PM
Last Post: bala
  List of International Freethinker/Atheist Associations and Conferences siddharth 1 8,891 21-Jun-2011, 07:04 AM
Last Post: Ajita Kamal
  8th World Atheist conference donatello 10 7,186 16-Nov-2010, 10:13 PM
Last Post: donatello
  Atheist Nexus murthymail 3 3,015 14-Jun-2010, 10:05 PM
Last Post: donatello
  8th World Atheist Conference, Tiruchi, 7-9 Jan2011 drnbala 0 3,329 27-May-2010, 07:43 AM
Last Post: drnbala