Mohammed, the atheist.
Hi, my name is Mohammed and I'm an atheist.

I dont like calling myself an atheist much, but i'll allow myself this one time. It fits there. :P

I'm a student, from Bangalore. I'm an An ex-muslim, I discovered reality about a year ago, which is pretty late I must admit. My family is still a very devout muslim one, although liberal enough for me to confess my unbelief to. Can't say the same about my not-so-immediate family members though.

I believe it's time for freethinkers to speak up, to get recognized, to come out. This seems silly to some of my hindu friends, since most of their families dont have anything against atheism, and I've heard the hindu religion itself holds no grudges against it. But that's not the case for us muslims, Islam dictates death for apostacy, and I'd be dead if our country followed Islamic Law.

I registered here just so I can be counted among the heathens too, play my little part. I want more muslims to denounce Islam, and speak up about it, even. And now I think it wouldn't be so bad to get to know more people and share ideas on this topic too.
I look forward to doing so.
[+] 2 users Like MohammedWhatever's post
One life to live. Enjoy your freedom and enlightenment.Thumbup
[+] 1 user Likes jawahar joseph dsouza's post
(01-Aug-2012, 05:34 AM)MohammedWhatever Wrote: Hi, my name is Mohammed and I'm an atheist.

I dont like calling myself an atheist much, but i'll allow myself this one time. It fits there. :P

Welcome to the oasis! Looking forward to hearing more from you.
For starters, the following posts describe experiences which you can perhaps immediately relate to.
http://nirmukta.net/Thread-Hello--455?pid=3319#pid3319
http://nirmukta.com/2011/07/13/conscious...and-names/

Welcome to Nirmukta Mohammed. So heartening to read your story. Thanks for sharing with us. Looking forward to your participation.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newly minted atheist and mythology enthusiast vimoh 0 175 04-Jul-2017, 11:06 PM
Last Post: vimoh
  Why women are tabooed when they are/become atheist, apatheist or agnostic ? Ananya 3 2,775 24-Jan-2016, 12:03 PM
Last Post: paolinitolkien
  Liberal, Atheist, Feminist, Humanist vwake 0 2,493 01-Sep-2014, 12:31 AM
Last Post: vwake
  Atheist Next Door screech 1 2,482 14-Jan-2012, 11:45 PM
Last Post: LMC
  Hello from a Canadian/Indian atheist (anyone here from BC?) Randhir Singh 1 2,245 13-Sep-2011, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Lije
  An atheist in Mumbai Alan D'Souza 3 4,722 03-Aug-2011, 10:10 PM
Last Post: sushikadanakuppe@gmail.com
  South African Indian atheist LiberalGlory 4 3,682 03-Jul-2011, 09:29 AM
Last Post: sushikadanakuppe@gmail.com