More difficult to interact.....
I think once you start thinking rationally, it becomes more and more difficult for you to engage in everyday conversations with people. All these talks seem so illogical that I just wish if only I could make myself "temporarily deaf" ! And obviously, you cant state that to people coz that will be considered rude. Although I agree that this gives one more time to be alone & think......I would still love if people could talk more sensibly. I mean everytime I want to listen to some interesting conversation why the f*** I have to come here or go to reddit like sites ? I guess the more you stay away from them coz of this, more stupid they sound as time progresses.....its analogous to the creation of a new species(the less they interbreed, the more they diverge because of accumulations of mutations). Lets go on an island NIRMUKTA & lets start our own rational society(can we actually do that ?) ! Does anyone else here suffer from this (or probably its a good thing ?) ?
(07-Feb-2011, 10:49 AM)rdbcasillas Wrote: I think once you start thinking rationally, it becomes more and more difficult for you to engage in everyday conversations with people. All these talks seem so illogical that I just wish if only I could make myself "temporarily deaf" ! And obviously, you cant state that to people coz that will be considered rude. Although I agree that this gives one more time to be alone & think......I would still love if people could talk more sensibly. I mean everytime I want to listen to some interesting conversation why the f*** I have to come here or go to reddit like sites ? I guess the more you stay away from them coz of this, more stupid they sound as time progresses.....its analogous to the creation of a new species(the less they interbreed, the more they diverge because of accumulations of mutations). Lets go on an island NIRMUKTA & lets start our own rational society(can we actually do that ?) ! Does anyone else here suffer from this (or probably its a good thing ?) ?

You need to engage in conversations of this nature with better thinkers in your life if you are having a problem. Forums like Nirmukta are a good place to come to for many of us to improve our thinking. I agree it is difficult to suffer fools at times but then interacting with people in real life is not all black or white, nuance is the key.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence
(07-Feb-2011, 10:49 AM)rdbcasillas Wrote: Lets go on an island NIRMUKTA & lets start our own rational society(can we actually do that ?) ! Does anyone else here suffer from this (or probably its a good thing ?) ?

I agree that most of the time the internet is the only medium for rational thought. And its likely many have (at least i did smile entertained day dreams of a real life community where everyone is rational (or more generally a community of people sharing common interests/ideologies, its only natural). Its not a good or bad in itself, but how you deal with can be. Sadly those options are limited depending on how much you have to interact with society and the extent of you "suffering". As long as im not doing any rigorous thinking, its easy to ignore/automatically correct for their irrationality. But during or after anything that requires intense clear thinking, I cant deal with people, their irrationality just grates on me. In my experience its _very_ rare to meet people who try to be rational in all aspects of life.

P.S. check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasteading . in international waters YOU make the rules ;D
I think others have been on this boat before :-)

"I love humanity, but I hate people"
Edna St. Vincent Millay
US poet (1892 - 1950)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has - Margaret Mead