Current time: 29-11-2014, 08:48 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Mother Teresa is a fake saint
donatello Offline
Administrator

Likes Given: 75
Likes Rcvd: 34 in 19 posts

Mother Teresa is a fake saint

I didn't know much about Teresa of Kolkata before this, but this is just appalling. People say things like "religion can't be all that bad, after all think of Mother Teresa!" How poorly informed I was, and so are many people now!

Here is a playlist of a set of documentaries showing the real Teresa of Kolkata: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=...2537F94553

The first is a 3 part documentary by Christopher Hitchens and the last one is one by ABC media Australia.

Aditya Manthramurthy
Web Administrator & Associate Editor
Nirmukta.com
(This post was last modified: 21-08-2010 05:09 PM by donatello.)
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Lije Online
Administrator

Likes Given: 259
Likes Rcvd: 339 in 189 posts

RE: Mother Teresa is a fake saint

Hell's Angel was a shocker for me. Just like everybody else, I too assumed that Mother Theresa was helping people out of altruism. But she was more interested in "saving" souls .
ayyawar Offline
Addicted to Freethought

Likes Given: 0
Likes Rcvd: 4 in 4 posts

Yep, I have watched videos long before, At end she her letter questioning about god, she had problem with her faith lot of times..

She was international figure, so indian media or public got lot of attention towards her, and she portrayed india as slum, below poverty country to west and took lot of funds, Mother teresa mission doesn't have any records of how her funds have been spent, she never saved money in indian banks, because india has rule of declaration of money for foreign charity.. Most of the money she received was Black money from politicians all around the world, since its a charity they didn't had to pay taxes nor sources of funds.
She used most of funds to Building churches, converting people, making more nuns.. and all of her medical facilities are with poor maintenance, they used same needles over and over time, making disease even worst.

She got more funds than any charity in the world, but entire money wasn't used in proper way, Interesting "Poverty still exits in Calcutta".

We look the information in different view, and we make assumptions that she is saint..

Despite of all this, i still love her... A perfect example of compassion.. Still feeding poor doesn't solves problem, its just makes it worst. Teaching, education, Skills, opportunities, employment is idea way of solving poverty smile
Sajit Offline

Likes Given: 74
Likes Rcvd: 33 in 24 posts

(21-08-2010 05:07 PM)donatello Wrote:  I didn't know much about Teresa of Kolkata before this, but this is just appalling. People say things like "religion can't be all that bad, after all think of Mother Teresa!" How poorly informed I was, and so are many people now!

Here is a playlist of a set of documentaries showing the real Teresa of Kolkata: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=...2537F94553

The first is a 3 part documentary by Christopher Hitchens and the last one is one by ABC media Australia.

All 'saints' are fake smile Nothing but human. Check out this FB group on the same subject.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=32...662&ref=ts
natselrox Offline
Addicted to Freethought

Likes Given: 2
Likes Rcvd: 15 in 7 posts

I live within 100 meters from the headquarter of the vile organisation. Just saying.
donatello Offline
Administrator

Likes Given: 75
Likes Rcvd: 34 in 19 posts

(22-08-2010 12:07 AM)natselrox Wrote:  I live within 100 meters from the headquarter of the vile organisation. Just saying.

So natselrox, has public perception of the organisation changed in recent times at least in WB and especially Kolkata?

Do you think translating Hell's Angel into Bengali will help increase awareness of the situation?

Aditya Manthramurthy
Web Administrator & Associate Editor
Nirmukta.com
(This post was last modified: 22-08-2010 12:48 AM by donatello.)
natselrox Offline
Addicted to Freethought

Likes Given: 2
Likes Rcvd: 15 in 7 posts

Well, I don't think so. Recently there was a birth-centenary of the lady or something and almost all the political parties celebrated it. I saw hoardings by the streets. Teresa is as popular as she was.

Absolutely. Or at least it can't get worse
astrokid.nj Offline
Nirmukt Centurion

Likes Given: 12
Likes Rcvd: 19 in 14 posts

(21-08-2010 05:07 PM)donatello Wrote:  The first is a 3 part documentary by Christopher Hitchens and the last one is one by ABC media Australia.

No accounting for their finances!!
The spokesperson says "people/donors know that the money is all being used for good".
Unbelievable!! This is why we need to be very careful when donating to charitable organizations, esp any of those with religious links. I have seen on TV a story of misappropriation during the Haiti earthquake.

Also, spare a thought for all the sincere volunteers from across the world, who come to help, bringing genuine healthcare skills, and end up leaving.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has - Margaret Mead
nastikashiromani Offline
Addicted to Freethought

Likes Rcvd: 3 in 2 posts

awwayar,
the problem is that Mother Teresa is not a good example of compassion.

She refused to give painkillers to the dying because in her view suffering brought one close to Christ. She thought poverty and pain was beautiful.
Her desire to tend to the poor --- and badly at that --- came from the wish to validate her own faith and reserve a seat for her in heaven.

Please read http://www.meteorbooks.com/index.html for a full account for her activities.
ayyawar Offline
Addicted to Freethought

Likes Rcvd: 4 in 4 posts

(05-09-2010 10:13 AM)nastikashiromani Wrote:  awwayar,
the problem is that Mother Teresa is not a good example of compassion.

She refused to give painkillers to the dying because in her view suffering brought one close to Christ. She thought poverty and pain was beautiful.
Her desire to tend to the poor --- and badly at that --- came from the wish to validate her own faith and reserve a seat for her in heaven.

Please read http://www.meteorbooks.com/index.html for a full account for her activities.

Yes, I agree with you, I haven't read completely about her when I made that post, later I made my research, n later realized she was running a dealth cult. She used to say that feel Jesus in suffereing, she was a hypocrite when she had a health issue she went to different hospital, she killed lot of people in name of Jesus!!

If my information is correct, she's insult to human race!!
nick87 Offline
Nirmukt Centurion

Likes Given: 30
Likes Rcvd: 55 in 36 posts

There is a book authored by Christopher Hitchens cheekily titled "The Missionary Position" where he expands his arguments against Teresa being a "saint".
It is expensive, but should be worth a read.

Also worth checking out is the brilliant (polemical? yes, verbally vulgar- heavens yes Thumbup ) episode of Penn and Teller's BullCensored here where they take on Teresa, Gandhi and the Dalai Lama.

Peace Flowers

"It's alright, I rarely meet anyone who's able to read it properly. Although personally, I never thought that it to be an odd of a name. Once I give people the pronunciation, they tend to remember my name by easily associating me with it. A unique face, a unique moniker."
arvindiyer Offline
Veteran of Freethought

Likes Given: 165
Likes Rcvd: 580 in 307 posts

For those who plead lack of time to watch Hell's Angel or read The Missionary Position, here's some quick photographic evidence (does NOT require Facebook login for album viewing). The photograph captions in that album have their own story to tell.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)