My "Gospel of Truth"
Hello, I thought I'd show my latest synthesis of reading up on christianity,

http://wwwscientifichumanism.blogspot.co...truth.html

the lenght of characters(forty thousand) is almost certainly prohibitive of me posting it here on these messageboards(it always is!)
Could you give us the tl;dr version here?
you mean a summary?
. . . or do you mean a polished up version!
Sorry... "tl;dr" is slang for "too long, didn't read" - so yup, a summary.
This is a summary actually. This is tidbits per time period; these are 'all you need to know' or 'can know'; little significant tidbits that connect from old testament to new testament.

I mean by 'can know' in terms of the fact that so much has been destroyed through history that those who try make elaborate arguements; those are not exactly shown here except Robert Eisenman's "James Brother of Jesus". Eisenman's "James brother of Jesus" is a linguistic effort to find what you can know linguistically. That's at least the can know.

I've found the real bible codes in midrashing(linguistics). Basicaly, Jesus Christ scholars have found that Jesus Christ was 'derived from scripture.' See Earl Doherty. I give some fun examples I like and one or two key examples. Another 'real' bible code is sungods. I give like two major finds from like Acharya S's "Christ in Egypt" which is like almost six hundred pages long!(Robert Eisenman's "James Brother of Jesus" is almost a thousand! And that's actually book one of a two book effort now; the second book is also a thousand pages long!) So, it seems to me that that my forty thousand words is a deal!

I give key goodies all admittedly still not quite polished organisation; but, I put them in some order that shows the significance of the Bible in human history.
Oops, I guess I could say that Plato's "Republic" also turns out to be another major 'bible code'!
This is called anomaly hunting. Essentially this amounts to seeking out preconceived patterns in the noise. You can do it for any book. Here's a good debunking of this pseudoscience, and here are some hidden codes in Moby Dick. This material has been around online since the 90s, but the believers keep coming back in cycles.
"Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian"
~ J.B.S.Haldane, on being asked to falsify evolution.
[+] 5 users Like Ajita Kamal's post
So it's about Bible codes?! Sorry, but as Ajita said above, it's anomaly hunting, and also confirmation bias. Much as people try to "prove" Nostradamus's predictions were true by "shoe-horning" words and phrases to mean whatever they want, in order to confirm what they already believe is true. And as for words and phrases that can't support their conclusion... they simply ignore those.

Also, human beings are pattern-seeking animals, and we also tend to ascribe agency where none exists. This is often why we believe strange things.
[+] 3 users Like unsorted's post
This is called refusal to look through the telescope. Next time, read the the thing before 'refusing to look through the telescope.'
(18-Jun-2011, 09:53 PM)flashgordon Wrote: This is called refusal to look through the telescope. Next time, read the the thing before 'refusing to look through the telescope.'

This is a blanket dismissal of relevant criticism. Next time read through the links provided. What you're doing is looking through the wrong end of the telescope.
"Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian"
~ J.B.S.Haldane, on being asked to falsify evolution.
I have read your links; you havn't read my article; you havn't disproved any of the facts that I show in my article; your 'refusing to look through the telescope.'