Nirmukta accused of being "frauds" and of unscientific thinking
Dear All,
It's been a while since I last posted and for that I'm sorry. Work and all that.

Here is a link that is on a blog hosted on the Speaking Tree (the Times of India's harbinger of spiritual inanity) authored by one Mystic Follower.
Mystic follower has some harsh allegations to make against the rationalists of India.
Here is his rant, verbatim (grammatical errors intact), BOLD MY OWN:
Quote:I feel sick and enraged by these so-called 'rationalists' who seem to derive sadistic pleasure out of demeaning India’s culture and ways! They are running a propaganda to show India in a poor light and their ways and logic are anything but scientific! Infact, their ‘empirical proofs’ are based on vague generalisations, a high level of gimmickry and display a complete lack of Logical Reasoning and Unbiased Evaluation of Facts/Evidence, both of which are cornerstones of Modern Scientific Thought. I don’t understand on what sane basis do they call themselves rationalists, when clearly their rationale’ is totally clouded and prejudiced! But don’t mistake them for just a harmless bunch of jokers. These people are a front for certain Spiritual Terrorist Organisations who are plotting to destroy the Indian Culture!
Watch these rationalists make a fool of themselves. The viewers are enraged by their statements and angry listeners call in and give it to them live! Just see them stutter when Yogi Ashwini (we have been researching on him, after a long time seeing someone of substance and taking these buggers head-on ! we'll keep you posted and do some thorough research on him to find more exclusive content) challenges them live.

nirmuktafrauds.info/psychic-yoga-challenge-yogi-ashwini -vs-rationalists.htm

And when one clicks on the above link it takes them to a website where there are some Youtube videos embedded. More hateful language follows (I've taken the liberty of censoring cuss words):
Quote:When I see monkeys pretending to be scientists, Nirmukta is classic case in point, I realize how far deep did the British sowed this seed of defection. How their lies mated with the greed of certain ‘Jaichands’ and created bas@#$d offspring that have grown up today and abusing their own motherland.
Interestingly, at the bottom of the page is the disclaimer:
Quote: Expressed here are our personal views as concerned citizens of this great land. A gesture befitting an Indian, that we do not war, but if any hand rises against our Mother, we shall not sit quietly.

This is clearly the views of an angry individual, who is deeply spiritual and perhaps a subscriber to "vedic knowledge foretold everything" ideology. It is distressing to say the least that Nirmukta and its members are accused of being unscientific much less of being purported destroyers of ancient culture.
What do you guys think of all this?

Note to Mods: Please move this thread to appropriate section or merge with existing thread if required.

Peace Flowers ,
Nick.

"It's alright, I rarely meet anyone who's able to read it properly. Although personally, I never thought that it to be an odd of a name. Once I give people the pronunciation, they tend to remember my name by easily associating me with it. A unique face, a unique moniker."
These links explain the allegations:

Psychic Yoga Challenge: Yogi Ashwini Vs. Rationalists

Eyewitness report of the Psychic Yoga Challenge

The strange case of Ashwini and his Dhyan Foundation
[+] 1 user Likes Lije's post
Nick,
Have you noticed one thing about these defenders of the faith? The last update of their defunct website was a couple of years ago, their posts are anonymous and they do not have comment trails to offer any explanations or clarification. And then they have the gall to insinuate that our contributors are functioning in some underhand fashion with a hidden agenda, when transparency and frank exchange have characterized all our pronouncements. Contributors at Nirmukta have little to fear from these guttersnipes so long as we continue to think free and speak our minds. A response to which these quixotic defenders of the faith will have no real counter, would be more and more regular well-researched and well-thought-out posts from you and others on the Nirmukta mothersite, forums and groups.
[+] 2 users Like arvindiyer's post
Indeed.
The only reason I chanced upon this, was because I typed in Nirmukta in Google, and the suggestion from Google (auto-suggest as we type) was "Nirmukta frauds". Still, it is ridiculous that someone in this day and age confuses the spirit of nationalism with ancient age practices.
So if we point out that the caste system is morally wrong and shouldn't be practiced, that makes us unpatriotic and destroyers of culture and heritage? Goodness me. Huh

Thanks for your reply, Arvind.

Nick.
Flowers
"It's alright, I rarely meet anyone who's able to read it properly. Although personally, I never thought that it to be an odd of a name. Once I give people the pronunciation, they tend to remember my name by easily associating me with it. A unique face, a unique moniker."
I might be a "spiritual terrorist", but they are "spiritual errorists".
[+] 1 user Likes siddharth's post
Alas His/her so called Spiritual quest could not not face/stand flowing thoughts of a rationalist.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Nirmukta Podcast natselrox 11 5,854 19-Aug-2010, 05:17 PM
Last Post: donatello