Nirmukta themed wallpapers
This is just me thinking out loud... What do you guys think of Nirmukta themed wallpapers? I was thinking on the lines of those Apple wallpapers back in the days. I'm thinking this might help popularise the forums, if it gets distributed well enough. This is just one I did. Obviously there's more to follow but I wanted to know everyone's opinion before I mass produce these.

[Image: Nirmutka_Wallpaper1_by_life1_version2.jpg]

Click on the image for a massive 7000x4357 @ 300 dpi version.
beautiful..
would be nice if you provide multiple resolutions like 1024X768 or 1200X800
also, shift the text up a bit, it gets covered up by the task bar
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams

http://dsriharsha.blogspot.com
Bala, this is phenomenal! Awesome work!

I don't know how practical promoting wallpapers could be, considering that we are pretty new to this and Nirmukta is still an unknown name, but such ideas are what give me hope. Keep the ideas flowing. I will make sure they are well represented. I am going to post this on the facebook group. Let's see what the response is.

Again, awesome work!
Clap
"Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian"
~ J.B.S.Haldane, on being asked to falsify evolution.
Great work, Bala! Will do my bit to popularise this!
If we are serious, the regional groups could print this out in its full size and post it around town. Thumbup
"Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian"
~ J.B.S.Haldane, on being asked to falsify evolution.
Quote:would be nice if you provide multiple resolutions like 1024X768 or 1200X800

Will get on it ASAP. On a related note, is there anyone else here who have functional knowledge of photoshop of other image editing programs? At the risk of sounding too self-important, I'd love if someone could crop these for me to various resolutions once I post the high-res version, just in case I take too long to reply.

The idea of these wallpapers is indeed a shot in the dark but I have a vague feeling this could work. Since I posted this image in deviantart 30 people downloaded it within the first few hours. I know that's no guarantee that all of them will come to the forum but, no harm in trying. It's just like NirmuktaVideos but with still images.
(02-May-2010, 12:42 PM)bala Wrote:
Quote:would be nice if you provide multiple resolutions like 1024X768 or 1200X800

Will get on it ASAP. On a related note, is there anyone else here who have functional knowledge of photoshop of other image editing programs? At the risk of sounding too self-important, I'd love if someone could crop these for me to various resolutions once I post the high-res version, just in case I take too long to reply.

The idea of these wallpapers is indeed a shot in the dark but I have a vague feeling this could work. Since I posted this image in deviantart 30 people downloaded it within the first few hours. I know that's no guarantee that all of them will come to the forum but, no harm in trying. It's just like NirmuktaVideos but with still images.

I'll crop it out in 4:3, widescreen and HD resolutions. Should I start doing that with the post here or wait till you undertake those small editions?
Quote:I'll crop it out in 4:3, widescreen and HD resolutions. Should I start doing that with the post here or wait till you undertake those small editions?

You could crop the big one right on top to the resolution SriHarsha wanted. I'll post another one by the end of the day and more next week. I'll try to do it in as high a resolution as possible.
Second one. More next week.

[Image: Nirmutka_Wallpaper2_by_life1_version2.jpg]
How about posters to put on the wall?
Quote:How about posters to put on the wall?

Absolutely. Thanks for all the feedback.
(02-May-2010, 01:57 PM)bala Wrote: Second one. More next week.

[Image: Nirmutka_Wallpaper2_by_life1_version2.jpg]

I love this one. It looks so soothing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nirmukta videos logo bala 24 13,640 31-Jul-2010, 05:00 PM
Last Post: donatello