Nirmukta videos logo
[Image: Nirmukta_Videos_Logo_by_life1_version2.png]

luckily found the original font used.
A quick (and cheap) 3d render.

[Image: Nirmukta_Videos_Logo_3d_by_life1_version2.jpg]
Beautiful, Bala. I like the first (color) one a lot. Stands out very well. Unless you are still not done here, I vote we go with this one. Will post it on the facebook group to see what others have to say. Not sure what you're going for with the black & white, but I'm assuming it's a work in progress with the goal of finally producing a nice 3-D logo.

I suppose when you are satisfied we can embed it into the youtube account page. Do you think that will be a good idea?

On a related note, I think the current background image on the youtube account needs to be made lower resolution. Do you see a small time lag before it loads?
"Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian"
~ J.B.S.Haldane, on being asked to falsify evolution.
the 3d one is not intended for use as is. It can be used in the future if we want. I thought it would be useful to make one and keep as a reserve in case we need it later on. The first one is the actual logo i have planned for the nirmukta videos page.

I am not seeing any lag in the youtube page from here. Nevertheless here's a low-res version of the same image.

[Image: Scarlet_A_Small_by_life1_version2.jpg]
I am curious to see what you see when you click on "Apply Now" on the following link?
http://www.youtube.com/partners
(18-May-2010, 08:16 PM)shobhitg Wrote: I am curious to see what you see when you click on "Apply Now" on the following link?
http://www.youtube.com/partners

Shobhit, Partner program is for those who want to make money through advertising. I think Promoted Videos program is a better option for us. Once we get prof. Nayak's documentary promo done, we can put in a few dollars and promote it on youtube: https://ads.youtube.com/index
Hey Bala,

My feedback. In the first logo, I feel the red part it too "brick red". It has to be very dark red (or very dark of any color).

And I would also advise that background of logo should nearly match the background image. i.e. the background color of logo should be black.

-Shobhit
I agree with Shobhit on the red. Regarding the background, actually I think Bala is aware that it should actually be transparent.
What about this one? is it any better than the last?

[Image: screenshot20100519at812.png]
[Image: screenshot20100519at812.png]
Judging such good work is impossible for me. All I can say is they are all really good. I'm posting this on facebook. Let's see what the responses are. BTW, Bala, whichever one they go for, could we use one of the others for Nirmukta Radio? Since you have the original font it won't be too much work to render one with the text altered, right?
i liked the gray 3D version ... who said cheap!!!!???

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Regional group logo ideas bala 35 20,822 25-Apr-2011, 05:57 PM
Last Post: ankush
  new IA logo variations bala 2 4,937 17-Sep-2010, 10:44 AM
Last Post: nikjerry
  Nirmukta themed wallpapers bala 11 10,551 03-May-2010, 10:54 PM
Last Post: Lije