Current time: 24-04-2014, 11:41 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

No more a stranger
anniyan Offline
Addicted to Freethought

Likes Given: 2

Star No more a stranger

Hello to all the free thinkers of India. My name is Pavan and I was born a Brahmin. I have been an atheist for 3 years now and I feel this is one of the best realizations that I ever had.

I am happy to know that these many Indians are atheist and that I now have a platform where I can express my views about this topic without facing a lot of discrimination.

I hope to connect with many different people and understand the problems of life without a vague explanation called "GOD".

The easiest answer to a difficult question is almost always not the right one.
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2012 12:30 PM by anniyan.)
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
TheTruth Offline
Addicted to Freethought

Likes Given: 0

RE: No more a stranger

Hi anniyan, I'm new here too. But I've been Atheist for at least a decade, if not more.

I'd like to point out that being born brahmin is totally irrelevant and the caste system is a predominantly religious system of segregation and I think it doesn't need to be mentioned or even remembered. I've never asked my parents what my caste is/was because I don't need to know and the answer won't change anything.
anniyan Offline
Addicted to Freethought

(12-03-2012 01:39 PM)TheTruth Wrote:  I'd like to point out that being born brahmin is totally irrelevant and the caste system is a predominantly religious system of segregation and I think it doesn't need to be mentioned or even remembered. I've never asked my parents what my caste is/was because I don't need to know and the answer won't change anything.

I completely agree with you. But I have been born and brought up in a very orthodox Brahmin household. My parents still don't know my views about god. Although my brother and his wife know about it and they seem to respect me decision if not understand it.

nick87 Offline
Nirmukt Centurion

Likes Given: 30

Hey Anniyan. Hope to hear from you on the forums soon.
Happy posting and welcome aboard!

Peace Flowers
Nick.

"It's alright, I rarely meet anyone who's able to read it properly. Although personally, I never thought that it to be an odd of a name. Once I give people the pronunciation, they tend to remember my name by easily associating me with it. A unique face, a unique moniker."
anniyan Offline
Addicted to Freethought

(12-03-2012 11:45 PM)nick87 Wrote:  Hey Anniyan. Hope to hear from you on the forums soon.
Happy posting and welcome aboard!

Thanks Nick. smile I'm a little caught up with work now. Although I read a few posts. Will definitely be active here.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)