Once a Hindu, now a freethinker
Hello everyone

I am Rathnavel, originally from Chennai, now pursuing my Master's degree in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology at University at Buffalo, US. When I was about 17 I realised that I no longer believed in a God and religion is just a big, global scam. It opened my eyes to a lot of things. I read a lot of books basically on biology, which was my foremost interest. I majored in biotechnology and found that pharma companies are just another big scam. So I am studying evolutionary biology right now and will be pursuing my PhD in the future.

If anyone have any questions about evolution or just want to talk, I will be more than glad to do so. 

Anyway, I do not consider myself a militant atheist. I try my best to avoid facebook/twitter arguments with creationists as I have found most of them to be futile and a waste of time. As anyone I am a big fan of cricket and I do some amateur photography whenever I am free. I love trekking, bird watching and just being with nature.
[+] 5 users Like Rathnawhale's post
dear rathnavel, the evidence of pseudo-science that religious people quote is so strong that, even after proving many of their arguments are wrong, common man or even renowned scientists continued believing in god.

(25-Oct-2015, 02:12 AM)Rathnawhale Wrote: Hello everyone

I am Rathnavel, originally from Chennai, now pursuing my Master's degree in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology at University at Buffalo, US. When I was about 17 I realised that I no longer believed in a God and religion is just a big, global scam. It opened my eyes to a lot of things. I read a lot of books basically on biology, which was my foremost interest. I majored in biotechnology and found that pharma companies are just another big scam. So I am studying evolutionary biology right now and will be pursuing my PhD in the future.

If anyone have any questions about evolution or just want to talk, I will be more than glad to do so. 

Anyway, I do not consider myself a militant atheist. I try my best to avoid facebook/twitter arguments with creationists as I have found most of them to be futile and a waste of time. As anyone I am a big fan of cricket and I do some amateur photography whenever I am free. I love trekking, bird watching and just being with nature.
(25-Oct-2015, 02:12 AM)Rathnawhale Wrote: Hello everyone

Read the above book too. It also gives a opposite view point about Darwin's viewpoint. As a free thinking you should be able to digest opposing points about your stand too..

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1594032...B2D3SCB4ZR

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A hindu & a free thinker ... indianspirit 1 2,822 03-Dec-2016, 03:18 PM
Last Post: Freethinker
  Once fooled now a Freethinker Freethinker 0 781 29-Nov-2016, 02:19 AM
Last Post: Freethinker