Podcast recommendations
I never really understood the appeal of podcasts, thinking "why listen when I can read it in a fraction of the time?". But recently I noticed that I'm wasting my commute-to-work time on observing how beautifully lawless the driving in Hyderabad is and as a result spiking my stress levels. I found that by listening to something I can space out and not notice what is happening around me and at the same time learn something useful. Right now I'm downloading episodes from The Skeptics' Guide To The Universe and past podcasts from Nirmukta.

Please share your podcast recommendations.
[+] 1 user Likes Lije's post
The SGU podcast is now my primary resource on skeptical issues, because of time constraints. Do download the past episodes and work your way forwards.

Here are my recommendations:

1. Point of Inquiry (Used to be really good when DJ Grothe was the host, and is now run mostly by accommodationists). Make a point of checking out past episodes.

2. For Good Reason (The JREF podcast that DJ now hosts, except he is too busy for a regular schedule.)

3. Astronomy Cast
4. Skeptoid with Brian Dunning

These are the explicitly freethinking-related podcasts that I listen to on a regular basis. There are many other excellent science podcasts such as the nova science now podcast and the science podcasts produced by NPR and the BBC. I also listen to a number of news podcasts by the BBC, NPR, PRI and independent sources.

As for the Nirmukta podcast, we have been on hiatus for a while now. We hatched a plan to do an SGU style news-podcast once a month, collaborating on skype, but it hasn't come to pass yet. I have purchased broadcast microphones and suitable software. But because of my current schedule I will not be able to devote time to the podcast. I hope to re-launch in earnest when I'm back in India this Summer.
"Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian"
~ J.B.S.Haldane, on being asked to falsify evolution.
[+] 1 user Likes Ajita Kamal's post
A few more from me:

Freakonomics An economics podcast where the hosts sometimes take a skeptical look at economic ideas.

Nova

SETI: The official podcast of the SETI institute includes a monthly episode dedicated to skeptical questions

Lije already mentioned the Nirmukta podcast. For a while there were plans to do a team show, as part of a second run. It wasn't coming together, and finally I decided to re-format and re-brand the whole thing, and do it myself.
I'm posting here to see if anyone has any suggestions. I haven't received any feedback on it. Sweatdrop
[+] 1 user Likes Ajita Kamal's post
Resuming additions to the podcast recommendations....

iProcrastinate podcast : Why we procrastinate and what we can do about (from a psychological perspective)
[+] 1 user Likes arvindiyer's post
My favorite podcasts (in no particular order) are:

1. In Our Time with Melvyn Bragg (in particular, the history and philosophy archives http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/features/in-...e/archive/ )
2. Radiolab by WNYC (http://www.radiolab.org )

Both are on general science, history, and philosophy.
[+] 2 users Like karatalaamalaka's post
BBC Analysis: The podcast from the BBC covers issues of a political and economical nature; everything from the analysis of the American presidential primaries to the apparent illusion behind the value of a piece of paper (or fiat currency). About half-hour in duration per episode, this one is worth downloading and archiving for repeated listens.

The Guardian : The Guardian offers political, sports, literature and music review podcasts. Understandably their political podcast is more Euro-centric but their book review podcasts are quite good and cover many genres.

The Naked Scientist: This is the Holy Grail of science podcasts and it covers the latest scientific advances and contains interviews from people in the field of their expertise and answers many user submitted questions. Here's a little something to whet your appetite: "If anti-bac soap kills 99.9% of all germs on a single wash, will two or three washes even, kill 100% bacteria?"

Consequence- Consequence is a biweekly podcast from the James Randi Educational Foundation. Each episode, regular people share their personal narratives about the negative impact a belief in pseudoscience, superstition, and the paranormal has had on their lives. From the thrilling to the uplifting, Consequence brings you true stories about false things.

"It's alright, I rarely meet anyone who's able to read it properly. Although personally, I never thought that it to be an odd of a name. Once I give people the pronunciation, they tend to remember my name by easily associating me with it. A unique face, a unique moniker."
[+] 3 users Like nick87's post
The Khemka Foundation podcast series has a number of podcasts related to themes discussed in these forums often such as use of social media for advocacy, and volunteering opportunities in microfinance and other empowerment initiatives.
I really like this thread. Several podcasts linked here are totally new to me. Thanks for all the recommendations.

In case you are interested in history podcasts here is one I really like by Dan Carlin. In this podcast series he covers history topics very often related to wars, revolutions and social changes.

http://www.dancarlin.com/disp.php/hharchive
http://storycollider.org/

This is a nice podcast. Usually the episodes are 15 minutes long with someone telling a science related story from their personal life.
Recently found this podcast called "99% Invisible"

http://99percentinvisible.org

It is about design and architecture. Podcast focuses on topics that are typically overlooked. Hence the name 99% invisible.

There was a recent podcast episode on a design project about communicating a message to humans living 10000 years out in the future.

Thought some of you might enjoy it.