Pray the Gay away- anti-gay pastors

A section from a blog post
Quote:Damon called upon those who were struggling with homosexual demons to come to the front and be “set free from sin.” He and members of The Ramp began to work the crowd into a frenzy as they labored to draw people out of the closet and onto the altar. At first, only a few guys and girls came forth. But, aided by music, the ministry leaders continued to pluck at the heartstrings of every struggling gay kid in the audience, promising that if they would only make themselves known, God would grant them the deliverance they so longed for.

Over a period of forty minutes, kids approached the altar one-by-one — some admitting to same-sex attraction for the first time in their lives. Some fell to their knees in brokeness, rocking back and forth as they prayed for absolution; others stood with their arms spread out as tears spilled from their eyes. By the end of the morning, dozens had approached the altar hoping to lay their burden down.

The Ramp leaders onstage rejoiced at the turnout, their music and shouts escalating ever louder as they began to wail repetitious phrases like, “Thank you Jesus, for a mind that is free, a mind that is free, a mind that is free!”

I'm just sickened by the bigotry and the homophobia.
"It's alright, I rarely meet anyone who's able to read it properly. Although personally, I never thought that it to be an odd of a name. Once I give people the pronunciation, they tend to remember my name by easily associating me with it. A unique face, a unique moniker."
What's worse is what will happen to those kids when they realize that they haven't been "cured" of homosexuality and still feel attraction towards their sex. The mental agony would be pretty painful.
Yes. The whole concept revolves around justifying the ideals specified in a fabricated text. Even if nothing like that is mentioned these people can just string two phrases together and make their own agenda. And these guys are one to talk... the Bible frowns upon people with tattoos and women preachers. So how can these hypocrites carry on their hate speech when the Bible itself says they shouldn't be preaching to begin with? And these poor gay people will be emotionally scarred for life if they feel they are committing a sin or worse that the "All loving Sky Daddy" hates them for how they are.
This video is just cruel to watch...and the way people in the audience are swaying to the music, chanting the same rambling nonsense and crying openly (while the woman preacher is jumping up and down and going into a religious frenzy) shows how severely warped their realities are and how twisted their sense of self worth is.
Pathetic.
"It's alright, I rarely meet anyone who's able to read it properly. Although personally, I never thought that it to be an odd of a name. Once I give people the pronunciation, they tend to remember my name by easily associating me with it. A unique face, a unique moniker."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evangelical Christians are behind ugly anti-homosexuality bill in Uganda Ajita Kamal 6 6,134 23-Sep-2013, 03:45 PM
Last Post: shalom