Prehistoric posthole sites unearthed in Palakkad
The unearthing of prehistoric Mesolithic artifacts, rock engravings and Megalithic monuments on the peripheries of the posthole sites of pillared halls and the similarity of these postholes to the the Nagarjunakonda and Brahmagiri sites, clearly suggest that the area was a Neolithic settlement site

Access the News report
Interesting stuff. I have some interest in archeology, but this story is presented with the same lack of inquiry and intellectual rigor that is characteristic of all such reporting in India. I wonder how they determined the age of the sites, since there is no mention of it. Perhaps they are comparing the site with others of the period. They also say that the findings have been published in a university research thesis. Aren't there any credible archeology peer-reviewed journals in India in which this research has been published?
"Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian"
~ J.B.S.Haldane, on being asked to falsify evolution.
You are right Ajita about the reporting in these matters. I recall the report on the dinosaur egg find in TN which led to this Lol

http://videos.sify.com/Locals-students-s...fgcgf.html

And later I heard the find was not authenticated.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence
(13-Jan-2011, 11:58 AM)Ajita Kamal Wrote: Interesting stuff. I have some interest in archeology, but this story is presented with the same lack of inquiry and intellectual rigor that is characteristic of all such reporting in India. I wonder how they determined the age of the sites, since there is no mention of it. Perhaps they are comparing the site with others of the period. They also say that the findings have been published in a university research thesis. Aren't there any credible archeology peer-reviewed journals in India in which this research has been published?

In Kerala archeology sites comes under Kerala State Archeology department which further has different departments for structural conservation, exploration, excavation, manuscript and chemical conservation. It is the chemical conservation wing that determines the age of the site and it has a fully functional lab at Trivandrum.

Kerala State Archeology department web site

Here is another interesting site for archeology enthusiasts.

Edakkal Caves - This is located 60 kms from where my hometown and the petroglyphs are fascinating.

A pic at Edakkal caves