Produce a Gurubusters TV show?
Hi Everyone,

This is my first thread on Nirmukta forums. I occasionally used to browse the Nirmukta blog, so I discovered the forum a bit late. Anyway, I have a proposal for the Nirmukta team - since there are soo many TV channels in India, why don't we produce our own show and bust gurus, similar to Mythbusters? We can also start a website or have a "Text message service" where people can give us tips for the investigation. And of course we should also post those episodes on youtube. I am sure you guys might have thought of this idea but I would like to know the reasons as to why it hasn't been executed. If it's funding, let's have a donation campaign, I can pledge $1000 for the first show to happen. Btw, I also have a couple of tips smile
Hi getfree!

It is a good idea, and yes, some of us have thought of similar ideas of making documentaries, short films, etc on similar or related topics. While funding is an important issue to solve, I do not think it is the immediate problem. Experience with making films and human resources are smile Any ideas to solve those?

There are however, a number of videos on our Youtube channel made with little or no actual filming, and lots of help from the Nirmukta community - check them out at - http://www.youtube.com/user/Nirmuktavideos
Aditya Manthramurthy
Web Administrator & Associate Editor
Nirmukta.com
(28-Dec-2010, 08:16 AM)getfree Wrote: - since there are soo many TV channels in India, why don't we produce our own show and bust gurus, similar to Mythbusters?

Hi getfree, we have indeed been discussing doing such a show, in coordination with Prof Narendra Nayak, the president of the Federation of Indian Rationalist Associations (FIRA). One of our team is currently working on a demo featuring NN, compiled from clips of his demonstrations that you may have already read about on Nirmukta.

Our idea was to make the demo and then take it to the networks trying to convince them that if they sent a camera crew with NN on his demonstrations the resulting video footage would give their channel stellar ratings.

Quote:If it's funding, let's have a donation campaign, I can pledge $1000 for the first show to happen. Btw, I also have a couple of tips smile

There has been some talk of raising funds, but we are not able to commit until we are registered, which should be in the first half of this year. There have also been others who have pledged to contribute to worthy efforts, but we must first have an officially recognized group and responsible individuals running the show before Nirmukta can officially take donations.

We would love to hear your ideas!
"Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian"
~ J.B.S.Haldane, on being asked to falsify evolution.
Thanks for the reply Ajita and donatello. I think there are many TV channels that would be interested in our show, at least to target a different set of audience. If possible, we should also translate it into regional languages - Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, and of course Hindi. Again, we should produce a show first in Hindi/English and then maybe expand the scope. But I think distributing it to regional news channels or hindi/english news channels is not the hard part.

Well good luck with the demo presentation, it would be great if you can post that on youtube when it's done.

Thanks for your time and effort, and please do let us know if we can be of any help.