Current time: 20-04-2014, 06:54 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Proof for Ramayana & Mahabharatha!! Really?
shrihara Offline
Addicted to Freethought

Likes Given: 15

Proof for Ramayana & Mahabharatha!! Really?

Check out the following links who say argue that they have some proof for Ramayana and Mahabharata. Some even claim to be "scientific" but are still same old lies.

1. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cms.d...sid=273107

2. http://www.hindunet.org/hindu_history/an...artak.html

3. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/artic...844211.cms

4. http://veda.harekrsna.cz/encyclopedia/hi...-krsna.htm

5. http://chandravanshi.blogspot.com/2009/0...story.html
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
shrihara Offline
Addicted to Freethought

Likes Given: 15

RE: Proof for Ramayana & Mahabharatha!! Really?

On first link:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cms.d...sid=273107

Quote: Ram was and is for real. He was born on January 10, 5114 BC," Saroj Bala, IRS, Commisioner of Income Tax says, calmly, with the assurance of one who has tangible facts. My colleague Pushkar Bhatnagar of Indian Revenue Service is the real originator of this theory. He acquired a software named Planetarium, used to predict planetary movements and configurations. By entering in this software, precise details of planetary positions vis-à-vis zodiac constellations described by Maharishi Valmiki in the Valmiki Ramayan, it is possible to determine important dates starting from Shri Ram's birth-date to the date of his return to Ayodhya.

Again in the 13th year of Ram's exile, during a war with Khar and Dushan, Valmiki describes a solar eclipse. The software proves that on that given day there was indeed a solar eclipse (with Mars in the middle). This solar eclipse and the particular configuration of planets could be seen from Panchavati (longitude and latitude plainly shown in the software).

I had commented on this article that its a LIE, but Times Of India turns out to be ignorant to approve my comment, but they approved this funny and stupid article. The colleague of "Commissioner of Income Tax" acquires (not programs or buys) a never-heard software called Planetarium that shows him solar eclipse on earth with mars in the middle? How can Mars come in between Earth and Sun?

I am feeling ashamed to have such morons in our country who are working in such a responsible job "Commissioner of Income Tax, IRS" that requires lot of statistical analyzing, logical thinking. One can see how corruption survives in our nation.

Quote:In the Sunderkand, when Valmiki describes Hanuman crossing the sea and returning from Lanka to Rameshwaram, he gives details of 8 constellations. Usually, one can see not more than 6 constellations at a given point of time. But since Hanuman was flying across, and it must have taken him approximately 4 hrs to get there, he could see 8 constellations - in two hours one constellation would have moved out of sight and another become visible. So, in a period of 4 hrs he saw 8 constellations!

Another Discovery!!
Time of flight: 4 hours
Distance: Approx 30 kms (ram sethu)
Bonus: You get to see 7th & 8th constellations

Quote:Delay in research also because science hadn't arrived...

Without the aid of science it is practically impossible to manually calculate the exact planetary configuration 7,000 years back. It is science which is going to validate our history and prove that it is much older than 3, 500 years.

Hilarious! This person is honest now and is accepting that there was no science that time. He is now begging Science to prove his irrationality.

Quote:I seriously feel that there can only be positive effects of my research.

Seriously? Its such a waste of time.
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2010 10:55 PM by shrihara.)
Lije Offline
Administrator

Likes Given: 254

Ramayana and Mahabharat are most likely historical fiction - some real events events embellished by a lot of myth. But for the followers of those books, their brains' logical capacity ends at equating presence of some truths to mean that the entire book is true. By that logic, using the Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy, I can prove that Vogons really exist and that their poetry is indeed horrible.
[+] 1 user Likes Lije's post
siddharth Offline
Administrator

Likes Given: 19

There is this book by Murad Ali called "80 questions to understand India". It sums up all the theories that have been put out to explain the idea orgins of the two books (and explains 78 other legends). Very interesting. I don't happen to have it right now. It's not a costly book, and something that every good book collection must have.
astrokid.nj Offline
Nirmukt Centurion

Likes Given: 12

(11-05-2010 10:27 PM)shrihara Wrote:  4. http://veda.harekrsna.cz/encyclopedia/hi...-krsna.htm

Indian Heracles (Krishna) is recorded by the Greeks as having lived 138 generations before the time of Alexander and Sandracottos which we may take to be c. 330 BC. Taking 20 years per generation, which is known to be a good average when ancient Indian dynasties are involved, we are led to the computation 2760 + 330 = 3090 BC which is remarkably close to the Kali date of 3102 BC. So a reckoning based on ancient Greek records takes us again to the traditional date of c. 3100 BC.

How did the greeks know that it was 138 generations? They were probably just repeating what they heard from the locals. Thereby, this is just hearsay. Not scientific.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has - Margaret Mead
Varun Offline
Addicted to Freethought

Likes Given: 0

>Commisioner of Income Tax
Come again, IT guy commenting on science,astrology, gods. Too much time on hand it seems. sarkari kaam (so goes the cliche)
>Hanuman
Sometimes he seems to get so big that he devours planets then he goes on a 4 hour air rides, maybe he just gets bored reaching places before time, all the time and decides instead to feel the air.

|God is Dead|
shobhitg Offline
Nastik

Quote:In the Sunderkand, when Valmiki describes Hanuman crossing the sea and returning from Lanka to Rameshwaram, he gives details of 8 constellations. Usually, one can see not more than 6 constellations at a given point of time. But since Hanuman was flying across, and it must have taken him approximately 4 hrs to get there, he could see 8 constellations - in two hours one constellation would have moved out of sight and another become visible. So, in a period of 4 hrs he saw 8 constellations!

Oh really...
One has to be a seasoned astronomer to be able to recognize constellations especially while flying.

Secondly, no monkey can fly on its own.

And its incorrect to say that "one can see not more than 6 constellations at a given point of time".

I don't know why these guys write vague articles. and then the articles get publicity somehow.
astrobalaji Offline
Nirmukt Noobie

(11-05-2010 10:52 PM)shrihara Wrote:  On first link:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cms.d...sid=273107

Quote: Ram was and is for real. He was born on January 10, 5114 BC," Saroj Bala, IRS, Commisioner of Income Tax says, calmly, with the assurance of one who has tangible facts. My colleague Pushkar Bhatnagar of Indian Revenue Service is the real originator of this theory. He acquired a software named Planetarium, used to predict planetary movements and configurations. By entering in this software, precise details of planetary positions vis-à-vis zodiac constellations described by Maharishi Valmiki in the Valmiki Ramayan, it is possible to determine important dates starting from Shri Ram's birth-date to the date of his return to Ayodhya.

Again in the 13th year of Ram's exile, during a war with Khar and Dushan, Valmiki describes a solar eclipse. The software proves that on that given day there was indeed a solar eclipse (with Mars in the middle). This solar eclipse and the particular configuration of planets could be seen from Panchavati (longitude and latitude plainly shown in the software).

I had commented on this article that its a LIE, but Times Of India turns out to be ignorant to approve my comment, but they approved this funny and stupid article. The colleague of "Commissioner of Income Tax" acquires (not programs or buys) a never-heard software called Planetarium that shows him solar eclipse on earth with mars in the middle? How can Mars come in between Earth and Sun?

I am feeling ashamed to have such morons in our country who are working in such a responsible job "Commissioner of Income Tax, IRS" that requires lot of statistical analyzing, logical thinking. One can see how corruption survives in our nation.

Another Discovery!!
Time of flight: 4 hours
Distance: Approx 30 kms (ram sethu)
Bonus: You get to see 7th & 8th constellations

Quote:Delay in research also because science hadn't arrived...

Without the aid of science it is practically impossible to manually calculate the exact planetary configuration 7,000 years back. It is science which is going to validate our history and prove that it is much older than 3, 500 years.

Hilarious! This person is honest now and is accepting that there was no science that time. He is now begging Science to prove his irrationality.

Quote:I seriously feel that there can only be positive effects of my research.

Seriously? Its such a waste of time.

shirihara: Actually, there are some pretty good planetarium softwares (i don't mean software that has the name planetarium). To name a few we have one called stellarium, starry night, cybersky, etc.

I don't know why these frauds try to publicly show their weakness in such an elementary fact.

And what does a commissioner in income tax dept. has to do with calculating the birth time of ram.

Once I tried to analyse one such claim from mahabharath using a software called cybersky. When arjuna was about to kill duriyodhana (i guess am right) he hid himself underwater so that he can wait till sunset and arjuna cannot kill him. But Krishna blocked the sun using his chakra and made to appear like night time and finally made arjuna to kill duriyodhana (sorry for my poor story telling capacity).

So what i thought was it could be a solar eclipse. So i googled to find the year of mahabharath. Then i applied it into the software and tried to check out the eclipse for kurukshetra coordinates. I found one eclipse, but unfortunately the totality occurred 2hrs before sunrise. Then after discussing it with my fellow amateur astronomers i found that the eclipse that i found didn't match with the records of mahabharath. So am assured that it never happened.

Secondly, There is one more fact about this so called eclipse is that it occurred on a full moon day (15days from new moon). So I was double confirmed that this eclipse is complete false because of a simple elementary fact that a solar eclipse never occurs during full moon day.

And I would recommend stellarium to my fellow free thinkers. Its a simple and a small software with which you can refer for all astronomical claims about its validity.

And 8 zodiac constellations at a single time is complete blabber. And secondly Mr.Hanuman visited srilanka from the southern tip of India (Rameswaram to be precise). There is no big difference in the latitudes (9.28-6.9 (rameswaram- colombo)) to make him see 2 extra constellations.
(This post was last modified: 26-06-2010 07:12 PM by astrobalaji.)
[+] 1 user Likes astrobalaji's post
Naveen_Reloaded Offline
Addicted to Freethought

Likes Given: 3

http://theindianheritage.blogspot.com/20...warka.html
http://mahabharathascience.blogspot.com/...-bomb.html
http://www.sacred-texts.com/ufo/ourpast.htm

Today I was searching about science in Mahabharata and found above links ..as one member said , its pure fantasy filled , choking with myths and fiction scripts. , but unlike bible , why isnt Mahabharata and Ramayana scrutinized and implored ? we do have various sites to note faults in bible and Qur'an , but do we have such sites for these two mythological books ?

also can anyone post supporting evidence that these above said references are false or has nothing to do with the said story ?
Lije Offline
Administrator

(07-06-2011 11:36 AM)Naveen_Reloaded Wrote:  http://theindianheritage.blogspot.com/20...warka.html
http://mahabharathascience.blogspot.com/...-bomb.html
http://www.sacred-texts.com/ufo/ourpast.htm

Today I was searching about science in Mahabharata and found above links ..as one member said , its pure fantasy filled , choking with myths and fiction scripts. , but unlike bible , why isnt Mahabharata and Ramayana scrutinized and implored ? we do have various sites to note faults in bible and Qur'an , but do we have such sites for these two mythological books ?

also can anyone post supporting evidence that these above said references are false or has nothing to do with the said story ?

The Dwaraka thing reminds of proving that Harry Potter is real because London is real.
stupidsoftheera Offline
Nirmukt Noobie

Lije Offline
Administrator

(22-11-2011 10:14 AM)stupidsoftheera Wrote:  http://www.archaeologyonline.net/artifac...vedas.html

From The Harry Potter Defense:

Quote:And all claims should be supported by such evidence. If there are a set of ten claims and one is considered true based on available evidence, the other nine don’t magically become true. Evidence should be presented for each claim.

That sums up the massive intellectual dishonesty that is so typical of Vedic apologetics like that in the archaeology online article.

Another typical characteristic is quote mining and truth contortion. The article quotes Sagan as saying -"Vedic Cosmology is the only one in which the time scales correspond to those of modern scientific cosmology."

But the actual quote is - "It is the only religion in which the time scales correspond, no doubt, by accident, to those of modern scientific cosmology. "

The article also conveniently ignores the true "scientific" nature of Hindu cosmology.
[+] 2 users Like Lije's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Mass murder by fire in Ramayana/Mahabharat Prahalad 5 3,089 10-06-2012 01:03 PM
Last Post: nispat

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)