Ravi Sanakaranarayanan (aka Sri Sri Ravishankar) the spiritual fraud
Well, its taken a rather boring twist:
http://www.hindustantimes.com/Land-grab-...65545.aspx

But the weird thing is, today's "The Hindu" paper, has an article titled "Extortion calls: AoL accused of land grab", but I can't find it online, on its site, although they have a section called, "Today's paper" (http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/)
Aditya Manthramurthy
Web Administrator & Associate Editor
Nirmukta.com
I always thought America Online should object to the AOL usage Laugh
[+] 2 users Like Sajit's post
The AOL frauds are now pushing the pseudoscience of Ayurveda. This was being officially being promoted in a corporate company:

[Image: lErbvl.jpg]
(Click for full size)
"Sri Sri Ayurveda"?!?! Hello Poe's Law, we meet again!
(02-Jul-2010, 05:14 PM)Sajit Wrote: I always thought America Online should object to the AOL usage Laugh

I got confused with this AOL acronym.
These people are losing their money in more ways than one Lol

http://www.bangaloremirror.com/article/1...thing.html

K P Roopa, a housewife and mother of two, used to attend the satsangs in Sri Sri Ravi Shankar’s Art Of Living ashram. However, police are now doubting her intentions after catching her using a stolen debit card of another devotee.

Roopa began frequenting the ashram a few months ago after enrolling for a seven-day satsang course. Over time, she began helping devotees who come from all over India and abroad, and stay in the residential quarters of the ashram.

A few days ago, Tilak Nagar police got a call from Big Bazaar about the suspicious behaviour of a customer. It turned out to be Roopa who wanted to purchase some household articles. She had given a debit card, but was confused when the staff asked the pin number. She took that card back and gave another one. Her behaviour made the staff suspicious. They called the police.

When questioned about the card, Roopa failed to give satisfactory replies. She was taken to the police station where she revealed how she got the cards. “She didn’t even spare the pooja articles brought by devotees,” Inspector Kalyan Shetty told Bangalore Mirror.

She had stolen debit and credit cards, foreign currency, clothes and gold ornaments from at least 15 devotees. “She got access to high-profile devotees and foreign nationals who stayed for long in the ashram by offering to help them with their work,” Deputy Commissioner of Police (South East) B N S Reddy told Bangalore Mirror.

She has been arrested.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence
Management bullshit by "his holiness" *facepalm*

"Science and spirituality is not in conflict here it seems. And we in India always knew the earth is round before science discovered it" He says. How can people invite this chap and listen to his crap with a straight face? And watch how he keeps any questions away with misdirection. And idiots applauding.

People pay top dollar to attend the Wharton Business School for this fluff. The Q&A starts around 18 mins. Rolleyes

(31-Dec-2010, 10:54 AM)Sajit Wrote: Management bullshit by "his holiness" *facepalm*

"Science and spirituality is not in conflict here it seems. And we in India always knew the earth is round before science discovered it" He says. How can people invite this chap and listen to his crap with a straight face? And watch how he keeps any questions away with misdirection. And idiots applauding.

He really should change his title from "His Holiness" to something more apt like "His Non-sequitur-ness".
latest one "Shakti drops" from his holiness.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfKb4BWaPZA
stream the video from 44.00 for amazing demo of this new snake oil.
[+] 1 user Likes baso's post
(Looking at the snake oil demonstration)
Face Palm
"It's alright, I rarely meet anyone who's able to read it properly. Although personally, I never thought that it to be an odd of a name. Once I give people the pronunciation, they tend to remember my name by easily associating me with it. A unique face, a unique moniker."
The Art Of Living Foundation (AOLF) took to court two ex teachers, who after leaving AOLF, started anonymous blogs that critiqued AOLF. The objective of the measure undertaken by AOLF was to legally force Google to reveal the identities of the bloggers, so that they could subsequently be prosecuted for alleged defamation of the founder of AOLF, amongst other perceived felonies.
In an unprecedented decision the US court upheld that the identities of the bloggers be kept confidential and had earlier on thrown out the defamation and libel suits. Additionally AOLF also failed to show copyright over their yogic techniques and other related course material.
[+] 2 users Like stupidseeker's post