0%
0 0%
Indifferent
0%
0 0%
Total 1 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Reaction to stupidity
I recently saw a mother and a child in a temple offering curd rice to the deity. I asked my mom about this. Apparently people do this when the child is suffering from chickenpox. I was shocked to hear that my mom had done the same.

So I guess, thank you lump of stone.

What is your reaction when you witness such stupidity?
By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.- Richard Dawkins
It used to be anger. Now it is indifference.
[+] 1 user Likes Captain Mandrake's post
(13-Oct-2012, 12:34 AM)adi4094 Wrote: I recently saw a mother and a child in a temple offering curd rice to the deity. I asked my mom about this. Apparently people do this when the child is suffering from chickenpox. I was shocked to hear that my mom had done the same.

I have never heard this curd rice thing in the context of chicken pox. However I remember some other superstitious mumbojumbo. When I was a kid I too contracted chicken pox. My mom did not take me to the doctor. Instead she decorated my house with Neem leaves. It took me 10 days to recover. My guess is I was a healthy kid to begin with so I recovered with out medicine. Imagine what would have happened if I was malnourished kid. This was a very long time ago. More recently when one of my cousin's kid got the disease they just took him to the doctor. He got better soon.

I was really glad to see people actually going to a doctor and giving up on superstitious ideas.

My guess (and hope) is that as time goes by both religions and superstitions will vanish from the world.